Tech 21 Character British vs. Blonde For Cleans

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by The Scrutinizer, Feb 21, 2009.

1. The Scrutinizer

The Scrutinizer Active Member

I can only afford one, so I was wondering wheter or not the British has high headroom cleans when using low output buckers when going direct through a mixer live.

Does it clean up as well headroom wise as the blonde ?

2. The Scrutinizer

At Sam Ash today, i could only access the British, so I put it THROUGH(whoops) the paces through a beefed up PA w/subs, killer board, etc . . .

THe Gain had some very convincing amp like thud. The speaker sim and character knob is for real. If i was looking for straight up direct-mix dirt, this would be the pedal for the dollar

However, I wasn't super impressed with the cleans, even w/my low output buckers

I put a refundable deposit down on the Blonde - we'll see . . . .

3. TheFlash

TheFlash Member

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the cleans available from the blonde. I set mine for cleans and I get a lot of different usable flavors with the character knob set from 9:30 to about 12:30.

4. peridot1

peridot1 Member

Blonde does clean really well. I use british for it's higher gain.

5. The Scrutinizer

cool, my main concern is that the cab sim for the blonde is for only a 1-12 Jensen

just wndering how full that'll sound through a live FOH mixer