Tech 21 Midi Mouse and Pedal Power 2

shredtrash

Gold Supporting Member
I'm new to Midi but want to use one of these with my Atomic Amplifire. Can the Midi Mouse be powered with a PP2?

mac jones

Midi Mouse (and Moose) run on batteries, and like forever. It's only on for a couple of seconds while you change patches.

BTW, i'm hooking up a Moose to an Amplifire today. Luckily found a midi cable (i'm out of town), as paying $9 at GC was not going to make my day, when I had at least twenty at home.

shredtrash

Gold Supporting Member
Midi Mouse (and Moose) run on batteries, and like forever. It's only on for a couple of seconds while you change patches.
Sounds like I'm worrying about nothing then. I'll probably just use a battery if it lasts like you said. Tech 21 said you could get 2000 "switches" or "on" stomps or whatever. Good enough for me. Thanks!

bluesdoc

Gold Supporting Member
Platinum Supporting Member
I think the Moose will continue to consume battery power if left midi plugged in, but the Mouse won't. I have both and I'll re-check.

jon

Pat6969

Silver Supporting Member
I think the Moose will continue to consume battery power if left midi plugged in, but the Mouse won't. I have both and I'll re-check.

jon
The Moose does stay on. Burned a couple batteries very quick before my power supply showed up.

bluesdoc

Gold Supporting Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Yeah, the product manual says the light goes out after a few seconds, but the circuitry is evidently still on.

jon

Trending Topics