1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Tech 21 XXL

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mattviet33, Oct 20, 2008.

1. mattviet33

mattviet33 Member

:stir anyone have any experience/Opinions on this pedal?

2. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Owned one in the mid 1990's.
    Good sounding pedal - nice OD-like sag, and fuzz-like bloom. I remember it being kind of Eric Johnson-ish since Ah Via Musicom was all the rage at the time. I liked it!

-Ben

3. Eagle1

Eagle1 Member

+1:)

4. Paulo Grua

Paulo Grua Member

It didn't reminded me of Vai or Satch, so I didn't like it at the time.:bkw
    Now I'm after one again... Why took me so long to discover the beauty of fuzziness?

5. ♪♪♫♫♪

♪♪♫♫♪ Senior Member

That thing was my main gigging distortion pedal in the '90s. I used it straight into a Peavey Classic 50, sometimes with an Ibanez chorus in between. The style was alternative/grunge and it worked very well with my Tele.

Since then, I've been through, oh I dunno, roughly 3752 dirt boxes, but it would be interesting to have one to compare to my current gear...