Tech21 RK5 Users Thread...Come in and share your rig and tips!

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by AriBoiangiu, Oct 26, 2016.

1. nduenas

nduenas Member

Hi! I have a RK5 but I have never used it with other pedals. I like everything from this unit but I need more boost when going solo, so I'm thinking in running another overdrive/distortion pedal in parallel with the RK5. Does it sound good? I have heard the RK5 does not work well with other distortion pedals.

2. Lele

Lele Member

It was a major problem with it for me, too.
    When I had it, I used a Zoom MS-50 after the RK5 and I used it as a volume boost (post amp) and tuner.

3. nduenas

nduenas Member

Thanks a lot! I think I will try an overdrive (thinking of D&M from Keeley if I can save some.money lol).

4. steve_rolfeca

steve_rolfeca Member

The RK5 might start to sound a bit ratty if you push it too hard with the gain to high on the Sansamp section.

Don't be afraid to experiment with unusual gain settings on both the RK5 and the external OD when working on your tones. Also, try putting the OD after the RK5, rather than in front.

nduenas likes this.
  5. jfu222

jfu222 Member

Has anyone succesfully powered the RK5 with a powerbank? I have a 12V powerbank now and it didn't work .. I think it was because of the the 2.1 barrel so i ordered a center negative cable and waiting for that...if it works this will be amazing to power my Blackstar Super Fly for busking etc..

6. nduenas

nduenas Member

I lost the original power supply of the unit so I put a generic 9V and works fine. I do not know about powerbanks though...