Technician specializing in Voice of Music Hifi

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by blackba, Dec 5, 2017.

1. blackba

blackba Member

A friend of mine has a tube based Voice of Music hifi (radio, phonograph, amp) that was her father's that she is looking to get repaired. Does anyone know of a person or shop who specializes in these units?

2. JSMac

JSMac Supporting Member

It's doubtful that you would find anyone specializing in Voice Of Music but any local qualified audio tech should be able to help out. Good vintage audio techs are becoming few and far between though.

Is it a full sized console? Between having the amp rebuilt and going through the record changer your friend could put way more into it than it's worth restored. And keep in mind, the record changer probably uses a ceramic cartridge. The needles in them are not the best for playing valued records.

Here's a good source for parts. I've used them and they seem to be very knowledgeable.
    https://www.thevoiceofmusic.com/

Adding on: I looked at that site again and noticed that they're located in Michigan and have some info on restoration services so they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck!
    John

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Washburnmemphis likes this.
  3. ScioBro

ScioBro Supporting Member

Muse Audio in Ann Arbor maybe.

Cheers, (from a heavy Bandmaster Reverb user)

Aaron

4. Steppin' Wolfe

Steppin' Wolfe Member

I saw a few in Michigan in a quick search. I am sure that there are tube hi-fi techs in the Chicago area, too.