Ted Nugent

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by illinimax, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyFudge

BobbyFudge Supporting Member

:huh

2. D.Cooper

D.Cooper Member

Yes he does have a right to do it. Doesn't make it the nice thing to do.

Trust me that comment puzzled me too when I read it :p

3. cdntac

cdntac Member

Where is there a guy trying to get a CD signed? I see a guy attempting to get a guitar signed --- which is obviously going to end up on Ebay.

Show me the quote where he's referring to minorities as "planet of the apes".

I've heard him say that and it's not in the context in which you're alleging nor the meaning to which you say.

4. rspencer

rspencer Member

Some of my favorite episodes of Bill Maher's show have been with Ted.
    With he & G Gordon Liddy on one side, it was non-stop laughs, and a good intelligent debate.

His personal beliefs aside, the guy is an incredible guitarist.
    I find him easily identifiable, but not usually by his guitar tone. It's changed often.
    He's identifiable by his playing. Interesting note choice, fantastic phrasing.
    There are Ted licks that I've never heard anyone play anything similar.

And yeah, he gets tired of signing things & having them immediately up for sale on eBay.
    Want to get a guitar signed by Ted or Ace or many others?
    Ask for them to inscribe it to you.
    No resellers want that.

5. chequepoint

chequepoint Member

When I was 16, Ted was signing books at the local Barnes and Noble. I brought a guitar to be signed. There were 4 or 5 guys in line with brand new $99 strat clones. Ted flat out shot them down, but when he saw me, the 16 year old kid with a guitar that was obviously mine, he signed it happily.

I disagree with A LOT of what he says, but he was cool to me as a kid, and every time I've met him since.

6. ACfixer

ACfixer Member

Ted signed my CD, and signed my hat... and asked me if I enjoyed the show, he never asked me for a dime. He asked me if I played and said he'd sign my guitar if it was a Gibson. He signed all kinds of Nugent swag for free, to people that went to the show, he did want to see a ticket stub. He told every one else he's sign anything except a non-Gibson guitar as long as you made a donation to Wounded Warriors.

Someone pinning him down at his car so they could sell signed crap for a profit, c'mon guys, that's not being a fan. Buy a lousy $29 HOB ticket and hang around afterward and he'll talk and sign stuff, he always has.

And there you have it. Exactly what I'm talking about.

7. joel98z

joel98z Member

8. QRSS

QRSS brutalist

great player who evidently has more fans than he wants. because he doesn't care, he's cool in my book. :)

9. D.Cooper

D.Cooper Member

The guy on the right only wants his CD signed. When Ted refuses he says "will you sign it if I give you $20?" and Ted laughs and asks "how much do you got?". As first I thought he was kidding but no he was serious. I hardly see that as treating your fans well. But even disregarding the video he is a jerk to everyone different then he is. That's my point. I don't see how people can defend such an ignorant disrespectful person.

As for the racist quotes just google "ted nugent racism". That was just one of dozens of examples. I can't link that exact article because it is political and it would violate the rules of the board. It's no secret he's a racist and after you search you will see what I mean.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  10. cdntac

cdntac Member

Yeah, and the guy is with the one who wants the guitar signed.

I did do a Google search for that phrase and came up with a bunch of posts/blogs with opinions and whatnot based on taking phrases out of context --- no definitive proof of racism. Those who wish to see racism will find it no matter what.

I'll say it again --- I've never seen him be rude to a true, honest fan. Never seen him be racist --- unless you want to twist around his words and count the times where he's called himself black while referring to the black guitar heroes of yester-year that he reveres.

11. D.Cooper

D.Cooper Member

"There is a lot of white people in the crowd...I like that"

"We need to march into battle and cut their heads off" (speaking on the issue of those who disagree with him)

"I'm on top of the REAL america, with working hard WHITE motherf***ers"

"If (a certain someone) is still around next year I will either be dead or in jail"

Those are not "twisting his words around". Those are word for word quotes. So tell me in what context are those statements not racist?

12. Stinky Kitty

Stinky Kitty Silver Supporting Member

Ain't no Epiphone 'Paul going to fetch thousands Ted.....just sayin'

13. cdntac

cdntac Member

Did a quick search for the first one --- it apparently refers to something said in Dubuque and one site I read has a conflicting report about what was said (inferred that there were too many white people in the crowd).

The 2nd comment has nothing to do with race. It's called speaking metaphorically in regards to how the founding fathers of the US, in his opinion I suspect, would have dealt with things.

The third? I dunno.

The fourth one regarding Obama? I dunno how one could even begin to interpret that as racist.

But again, people will will see racism wherever they want --- even if it's not there.

I'll add too that I am highly skeptical of any Internet reporting --- on any topic. I'm a main-stream, accredited media kind of guy and highly doubt anything else (be it blogs, "news" websites with agendas, etc).

Obviously what I've been typing will come off as unabashed, 100% Ted supporting. But as I've said a few times, I've never seen anything to make me believe otherwise. And I've been backstage numerous times and with Ted in public. All 100% positive from my personal experience. If I had a kid and wanted him to have a roll model (after me) I'd be pointing at Ted.

Ted would have been better off had he been a black rap artist as opposed to a guitar guy. Then he could spew anything and everything about black people, white people, pink people, purple people or whatever...and never be seen as racist.

14. djg714

djg714 Member

Wouldn't go if someone gave me a free ticket and $100.00 bucks.

15. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

16. fjblair

fjblair Silver Supporting Member

Please.

I've seen/heard him go toe to toe with many who disagree with his beliefs and never witnessed the "childish threats of violence". Please give some examples.

Your comments about him being ignorant are absurd. He's opinionated but you don't have to dig very deep to see that the guy is very intelligent. You don't like, don't agree with his views and you are incapable of an objective look at the man. That's okay but it's hardly an indictment on Ted Nugent as a person.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  17. QRSS

QRSS brutalist

just as myopic as the dixie chicks IMO.
    can't wait to see what he says next. dude's a riot! :D

18. 66fs

66fs Member

Someone needs to clue in Eric Johnson. I think he'd sign anything...for free. Of course he's a second rate player compared to Ted so stuff Eric signed would only be worth hundreds of dollars...not thousands of dollars like Ted's autographed stuff. I even remember Eric selling some of his equipment, at least one of his twin heads, at reasonable prices and just asked people not to turn around and flip them. I can't even begin to imagine how much Ted thinks one of his amps is worth.

19. getrguy1

getrguy1 Member

Uncle Ted, still p*^%in' 'em off after all these years.............please don't stop:rotflmao

20. Lukeling

Lukeling Member

:agree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.