• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Ted Stevenson no more?

Marc Roy

It sounds and plays awesome Marc. I usually use a Strat for clean cleans, but I was really impressed when I tried some mid gain tones. There are no bad tones from this guitar.
Good to know. I just ordered a Strat from him as well. Clean and mid gain is all I ever use. My Ted Tele has been with me since 2013, and it sounds killer.

Marioverkill

Silver Supporting Member
Good to know. I just ordered a Strat from him as well. Clean and mid gain is all I ever use. My Ted Tele has been with me since 2013, and it sounds killer.
Nice. I probably will get a tele from him in the future. His pickups sound great in both my blue quilt and the Strat.

Marc Roy

Nice. I probably will get a tele from him in the future. His pickups sound great in both my blue quilt and the Strat.
Here's mine.

We might revamp it eventually (paint job, contoured body), but the pickups are staying. They're just as good as any big name on the market IMO. My guitar sounds like a Tele should, nice light swamp ash body (just a touch over 6 pounds). I sold off my Les Paul R8 and ordered a Strat from him the same day. Once it's done, I'll have 3 guitars - two Stevensons and a PRS DGT. What else do I need? Ted's builds are right up there with the big boutique names IMO, for a much better price.

Last edited:

Marioverkill

Silver Supporting Member
Here's mine.

We might revamp it eventually (paint job, contoured body), but the pickups are staying. They're just as good as any big name on the market IMO. My guitar sounds like a Tele should, nice light swamp ash body (just a touch over 6 pounds). I sold off my Les Paul R8 and ordered a Strat from him the same day. Once it's done, I'll have 3 guitars - two Stevensons and a PRS DGT. What else do I need? Ted's builds are right up there with the big boutique names IMO, for a much better price.
I agree 100%.

matt5150

Either U Know Or U Don't
Last edited:

Marc Roy

Ted is alive and well and still making amazing guitars. Here is mine:

View media item 207406
View media item 207401
View media item 207404
View media item 207405
View media item 207408
View media item 207403
Ted's guitars are on par with any Super Strat builder, and because he is a one man shop, I think it results in more attention to detail. His pickups are amazing. First guitar I have experimented with changing them out.

Matt
I love that neck. Nice red finish too.

Ted builds an equally impressive classic guitar too. If you want it on the vintage side, you got it.

jiml

Gold Supporting Member
Ted is alive and well and still making amazing guitars. Here is mine:

View media item 207406
View media item 207401
View media item 207404
View media item 207405
View media item 207408
View media item 207403
Ted's guitars are on par with any Super Strat builder, and because he is a one man shop, I think it results in more attention to detail. His pickups are amazing. First guitar I have experimented with changing them out.

Matt
Wow.

You (and John Ou) enabled my "Tyler Phase" back in the early 2Ks, it was on HRI. I flipped through 4 of them in 5 years or so...

How does the Ted compare to your old Tylers?

matt5150

Either U Know Or U Don't
Wow.

You (and John Ou) enabled my "Tyler Phase" back in the early 2Ks, it was on HRI. I flipped through 4 of them in 5 years or so...

How does the Ted compare to your old Tylers?
I still have my Tyler’s! Jim makes a wonderful guitar with a vintage vibe. Ted’s guitars are really good and have a modern flair to them.

I think of Jim’s guitars as the equivalent of the 60’s era Ferrari 275 GTB, where as Ted’s guitars are the McLaren 720 of the guitar world.

My Uncle Ted is righteous and I will definitely be getting another.

Matt

Last edited:

Petepuck

As mentioned in a previous reply, Ted is an artist and master builder. He is a one man show and spends all his time building and repairing. I know for a fact that up keeping social media and websites can be very time consuming. Don't let the fact that some info is out dated. Things are full steam ahead at Ted Stevenson guitars. I've had a discussion with Ted about this and he understands the importance of posting and updating but for now he is devoting all his time to his craft. Please don't bother him too much so he can finish my guitar!!!!! LOL. Pictures to come

Oldschool59

Ted is alive and kicking. Saw him two weeks ago, I had some work done on a guitar I just got (not one of his, they don’t need any work, they are perfect from the get go). He is busy making some of the best guitars and amps on the planet. My favourite builder and a really, really nice dude.

mikesch

Double Platinum Member
My third Stevenson ships Monday and this is the second time in a row that I’m just directly rolling my deposit over into another build and paying in full for the current guitar.

Marc Roy

Ted is alive and kicking. Saw him two weeks ago, I had some work done on a guitar I just got (not one of his, they don’t need any work, they are perfect from the get go). He is busy making some of the best guitars and amps on the planet. My favourite builder and a really, really nice dude.
Any chance you would've seen my Strat in progress? ;)

Marc Roy

Hey dude, long time no talk! Hope you’re doing well, all things considered. To answer your question, I have seen a few guitars. What colour is your build?
I'm going with a vintage yellow / cream type finish. I doubt he's at that stage yet. I ordered it at the end of January.

I sold my R8 Les Paul and put a deposit down. Next year's project will be to revamp my Tele. I've had that guitar since 2013. Time flies.

Still digging your Fractal?

Oldschool59

Haven’t seen the vintage yellow axe. I love that colour, I have a YJM Strat in precisely the same hue. But I’m sure Ted’s is going to be miles above your typical Fender build. I love the Fractal, but I find myself practicing mostly unplugged, or with Ted’s Time Traveller. Simple setup, really. Guitar straight into amp. More on this later! Cheers!

Marioverkill

Silver Supporting Member
Haven’t seen the vintage yellow axe. I love that colour, I have a YJM Strat in precisely the same hue. But I’m sure Ted’s is going to be miles above your typical Fender build. I love the Fractal, but I find myself practicing mostly unplugged, or with Ted’s Time Traveller. Simple setup, really. Guitar straight into amp. More on this later! Cheers!
Ok, now I am really curious. Can you give a little more ?? Please, pretty please ? lol.

Oldschool59

Ok, now I am really curious. Can you give a little more ?? Please, pretty please ? lol.
I assume you're curious about the Time Traveller. It's a small 2-channel all-tube amp that Ted built. The idea is an amp that can go from 60's Fender cleans (including tube tremolo and reverb) to 90's hot-rodded Marshalls. Hence, the Time Travelling bit. I love it. Simple, great-sounding, no-need-for-anything-else amp.

Marioverkill

Silver Supporting Member
I assume you're curious about the Time Traveller. It's a small 2-channel all-tube amp that Ted built. The idea is an amp that can go from 60's Fender cleans (including tube tremolo and reverb) to 90's hot-rodded Marshalls. Hence, the Time Travelling bit. I love it. Simple, great-sounding, no-need-for-anything-else amp.
Excellent ! Ted is doing a guitar build for me then he will start on my custom rackmount amp.

mikesch

Double Platinum Member

Trending Topics