the whole band is one of the best
new and evolving acts on the road today
of course
you got Derek in the band
that does not hurt

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
That was awesome!

Kind of funny that you bring an 11-piece group to a Tiny Desk Concert ;).

ColorBlindJames

Gold Supporting Member
I listened to a few of their older albums which are available for streaming on Amazon Prime and I was not overly impressed, so I was not expecting much when I watched this Tiny Desk concert last night. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised and everything they played on this show was really good. I am going to have to reconsider my views about this band and check out the new album, from which these songs were taken.

Dcc1079

My favorite clip from the internetz is this one ... maybe it's because Warren Haynes is channeling Joe Cocker and the pianist is channeling Leon Russell, but for me it sets a high bar for the band to live up to.

One thing I found interesting ... Susan's speaking voice sounds like she knows how to take care of her vocal cords ... it's very normal-sounding, not hoarse or raspy at all.

Smashies

Platinum Supporting Member
Gah they packed a lot into that room! I wonder how many of Derek's 50-something Super Reverbs he typically has on stage made it in there :cool:

Smashies

Platinum Supporting Member
Also, not to hijack the thread, but anyone who enjoys this should check out The Marcus King Band immediately. Talk about another young savant / old soul.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
So far, Bill Frissel and Trey Anastasio have really owned what I come to expect from tiny desk. I'm sure the TTB video is great, I will watch it when I get kids to bed. But a big production is not necessary. Even the TTB big stage concert has some time of smaller ensemble stuff. It's all high quality.

Trending Topics