• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Teenage Time Killers - New "supergroup" of old school punks

Mike Anderson

"Lineup includes Dave Grohl, Nick Oliveri of Queens of the Stone Age, Matt Skiba of Alkaline Trio, Corey Taylor of Slipknot, Reed Mullin of Corrosion of Conformity, and many other punk and metal icons."

Tracks here:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/arts/music/pressplay.html?state=-1&_r=1&

Full lineup here.

More here.

Includes two Void covers, much to my delight ("Time to Die", "Ignorant People").

D'ya think we can avoid the usual bitching about Dave Grohl in this thread? That'd be nice.

Last edited:

Neopolitian

Bunch of random dudes from other bands that I've never heard of constitutes a 'super group'?

The music sounds angry...and not in that fun punk way that I like.

katuna

Gold Supporting Member
Not down on the group or people involved at all, but is there really any hope of doing justice to a Void song?

katuna

Gold Supporting Member
Yeah, they sounded ok. Ya know, it's nearly impossible to capture the true vibe of something that was done in such a crude, unschooled manner that it wound up sounding avant garde.

Mike Anderson

Yeah, they sounded ok. Ya know, it's nearly impossible to capture the true vibe of something that was done in such a crude, unschooled manner that it wound up sounding avant garde.
I agree, actually. Did you ever see them live? Somewhere out there is a Youtube video of them at the Wilson Center. I can be seen standing on the side of the stage, watching from the only safe vantage point!

katuna

Gold Supporting Member
I agree, actually. Did you ever see them live? Somewhere out there is a Youtube video of them at the Wilson Center. I can be seen standing on the side of the stage, watching from the only safe vantage point!
No I didn't. That's cool that you did and can see your young self in the video. I was an L.A. kid and kind of had blinders on for non-LA hardcore at the time. Which was STUPID, since all the good Hardcore was from the midwest/East Coast. But, hey, live and learn... that's the great thing about music, it's never too late to enjoy it!

emdub123

I was pleasantly surprised. The word "punk" gets thrown around so much that it's almost meaningless. When I think of punk, it's the ultra-fast super-angry variant that was popular in the early and mid 80s (exactly the era that these guys are doing). The 70s stuff is mostly pretty tame and the 90s stuff is mostly pretty cheesy, but Teenage Time Killers is the real deal to my ear. Having said that, I'm not angry at the world like I was in the 80s so I'm not all that interested in this stuff anymore.

Trending Topics