Teese Compressor

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Tprince, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Tprince

Tprince Member

How is it? $79 special on musictoyz.com.

2. Leb

Leb Member

I have been playing this unit for a day cause i sort of took the unit home to try without purchasing it. I am still considering though.

I have not been playing with compressors so i cant comment much.
    My settings are 3 oclock on the output and like almost zero on the sensitivity.

I dun like my tone being squash too much. It brings out the highs and mids alittle and gives much clarity to solo playing.

Leb

3. stratman89

stratman89 Supporting Member

Musictoyz just shipped my $79 Teese FK-1 Compressor, looking forward to give it a try along with an OCD in with the same order.

4. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I got it yesterday, and it is pretty cool but I haven't got to play with it too much yet. It does retain the highs. I will tell you that my Diamond is King and it's still my main comp..
    My settings are 2:30 oclock on the output, and like 10:00 oclock on the sensitivity, and the attack trim inside, I turned it a little towards the right CC, to give my humuckers the the natural attack.

5. WienerDog

WienerDog Supporting Member

I just got mine too, but it does not sound good at all. The notes make an annoying clicking sound when picked.

I noticed there are two trimmers inside -- one open and one gooped. I assume the open pot is attack. Is the gooped pot a bias pot?

WD

6. Leb

Leb Member

Hi guys, oh i didnt even know there are pots to be adjusted inside.
    Any insturction manual for this? i muz really try it becasue right now my output is at 3 oclock and my sensitivity is zero.. cause after zero the attack is too much for my liking..
    any help on this?

Leb

7. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

Yes, all ross comps like our comprossor and the Keeley, and also dynacomps, have a bias trimpot. It is usually set at dead 50%, and does not need to be adjusted. the other one should be the attack. But I think the FK1 attack control is like the SUPERCOMP attack control, so you won't want to turn it up more than halfway or you'll get a lot of distortion (though that distortion could be a cool effect in itself)

have fun!

8. Leb

Leb Member

hi i remove the back cover but i dun seem to find any trim.
    Muz i remove the input jack knobs ? so tt i can take out the whole circuit board?

Leb

9. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Open the back up and look at the top and there is a little hole and in that hole you will see a attack trim pot. It's kind of hard to get to, but turn it to the right and you compressor will be more transparent, and will not attack your notes as fast, turn it to the left and your going to get faster attack and it will squish harder. If your having the problem with the attack, just turn the pot clock wise with a very small screw driver, or a knife, and turn the pot to the right. You don't have to take the whole circuit board out..

10. Leb

Leb Member

How r u liking this pedal?

Leb

11. Mojo Tele

Mojo Tele Member

Yeah, I would love to hear a brief review on the Teese Compressor, I am seriously considering one at the moment. Can't loose with MusicToyz at that price...