TEESE pic or WOF for me, guys/gals help ????

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Cary Chilton, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

This is kinda of silly since I had a Teese RMC3, sold it (older version, but mint) because I am going to get more into fuzzes and thought I would just get a new RMC3 with the fuzz friendly mod that is in the new versions.

I honestly loved the RMC3's FACTORY set sound, Geoffrey's fav setting. Over the 2 years of having it, I honestly never got into tweaking as much as I thought I might. Plus, being used to and liking the the factory setting, when I did tweak, I just thought how it never sounded as I was used to -but in a negative way.

Anyway, I did try the picture wah when I deliberated over which model to get at the dealer's store. I remember the picture wah being very nice, more vocal, even in the highest pitch, close to bypassing the wah, there seemed to be a pleasant bass cut and almost like a dry and wet (wah) blended effect which totally jangled!!! That was cool!!! Yes, it sounded Jimi -ish, and reminded me of the wah, in the song: Strange Face of Love ( in the Desperado soundtrack). The picture wah setting, in the RMC3 is similar but a lackluster version of it -missing the mojo.

Then 2 weeks ago, I read the read reviews about the WOF. Also peaked my interest. Sounds like the WOF will do humbuckers better than the pic wah. I haven't tried it so I really don't if I should bother with it, or not.

What do I want a wah for? Not Metal! Just bluesy, early classic rock stuff, maybe some early 90's rock,( NO I am not going to going use the coined phrase from that era), maybe an original, too.

Any opinions? Need both, or not?

2. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

I say go for the WOF, it is tweakable: volume, Q, low end.

3. kidmandude

kidmandude Supporting Member

What are you using for guitars? I f you go between single coils & humbucker's a lot say in one set, try the Picture or the Wizard, seeing you don't like tweaking the internals i don't recommend the WOF or RMC3..

4. Cary Chilton

The WOF tweaks are inside the pedal??

5. Festus

Festus Supporting Member

No, the WOF tweaks are mounted on the outside, very easy to do on the fly. I don't have a WOF yet, but another wah (won't say the name) has similar case-mounted adjustments, super easy use. I have an RMC3 and really, really like it. The WOF will probably be the next wah pedal I get. For Teese comparisons, check out his website "Which Wah?" link.

6. Cary Chilton

btw are the new blue cases lighter or still too damn heavy!?

7. Don L

Don L Member

+1. Had mine on my board for almost 3 years. Tried others, but WOF withstood the challenges every time.

8. kidmandude

kidmandude Supporting Member

WOF, How does it compare to the RMC 3?

9. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

Clips here.Sorry it took so long.Seems a fellow TGP'r uses the word Teese in most of his effects clips even though he doesn't demo a Teese.Had to filter a bunch of BS.:FM. Funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Uclc_O7mE
    http://www.realmccoycustom.com/WOF3.mp3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCsdWF9KLuM&eurl=http://www.realmccoycustom.com/AUDIO.htm

10. Cary Chilton

thanks! the WOF sounds killer with hi gain! wow!
    The egnator sounds pretty good, too

11. Cary Chilton

Are the NEW cases lighter than the grey ones?

12. Cary Chilton

BTW, I finally found the most recent version WOF 2 days ago and bought it! yeah baby!