1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Teese>> Picture/RMC3 or Vox Keeley Mellow Mod

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Rock-On!!, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Rock-On!!

Rock-On!! Member

Looking into the Teese wahs and I am trying to cover the classic Hendrix/Clapton/SRV tones.

If you were to have the choice between the picture and RMC3 (not taking any price difference into account) was the same which would you choose and why?

(Elvis voice)
    Thank you,
    Thanks you very much;)

Edit; Another one added to the topic,
    Anyone using the Keeley modified Vox with the full treatment (mellow mod)?
    What are your thoughts on it compared to the Teese wahs?

Is modified Vox just a gimmick or the real deal?:NUTS

2. Aruntang

Aruntang Member

I had both and both were great. I kept the Picture Wah FWIW. The Pic is obviously more vintage sounding. You can set the RMC3 to be vintage sounding and it does have specific Hendrix/SRV settings but it was the Picture wah's simplicity that spoke to me. I felt that I did not need the added versatility of the RMC3 as the Picture wah nailed the wah sound in my head from the get go. If you like to tweak your wah sound, have the option of a boost in volume when you turn on your wah, or go for non-traditional wah sounds go with the RMC3. If you want one of the best versions of the 60's Clyde McCoy Picture wah get the Teese Picture wah.

3. dbstrat

dbstrat Member

I have the Picture Wah as well...haven't sampled any of the others.

Unfortunately, I don't really use it that much so I kind of find it to be a waste of $$$ in a way...but it DOES do the job much better than the Crybaby's or Vox's I've played/owned.

My research leads me to agree with the previous responder. If you want a classic wah sound, go with the Picture Wah. Good luck finding one aside from eBay though. :puh

4. Rock-On!!

Rock-On!! Member

Bump with Vox added.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Anyone else?

5. Fixxxer

Fixxxer Member

I would say try all the wah's. If you have a particular tone in your head, it may help you. I never got into the RMC 3 and sold mine. I tried to like it, but it never knocked my fulltone off the board......

What I like about the fulltone is the wide sweep range of his custom casing..

Good luck and wah on!

6. Rock-On!!

Rock-On!! Member

You have a good point about trying them all, but I live in an area that I don't have access to anything other than a crybaby.

I would have to buy them all at the same time to be able to do a fair comparison.
    Used prices;
    Fulltone $209.00
    RMC3 $239.00
    Picture $200.00
    Keeley $215.00
    Total $683.00

Finding the right wah ? Priceless!!

But, I am not in a position to lay out that kind of jack, ya know what I mean?:puh

That's the beauty of the GP.
    There are probably a lot of members that have had the chance to do the comparison with all of these mentioned.:BEER

7. utterhack

utterhack Member

8. cosmos

cosmos Member

Actually, that is the new-price as of now...

9. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

RMC6?!?!?!?!...how...why...when...where ?!?!?...My picture wah should be here shortly (within 2 weeks)...I have it on order from GuitarX. I recommend them. Got my BoR there.

10. 88mm

88mm Member

If you have a cheaper Vox or Dunlop wah already. I suggest you give Stuart Castledine a try. He makes replacment boards (That are tweakable) that drop right in your existing wah case. He also has other options. I found it to be a more inexpensive option for a Booteek wah.

He is in the UK But he delivers to the US and is very reasonable.

wah-wah.co.uk

11. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

or...try out the Landgraff wah. If I dont like the Teese (which I think I will) Im getting that. I might get one anyway. Have two wahs that sound a bit different. Ive already talked to John about it. Hes a really nice guy.

12. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Supporting Member

anybody know where teese's online RMC3 settings went? I can't find them anywhere...

13. JLee

JLee Supporting Member

The RMC6 is the production version of the Wheels Of Fire.

14. Rock-On!!

Rock-On!! Member

Geoffrey took them off the site. If you have a RMC3 you can email him with the serial # and he will email you a word document with all the instructions and settings.