Teese Picture Wah help

CALI68

Silver Supporting Member
My Picture Wah is acting kinda strange. I'll try to explain. When I start the sweep there's a sort of whoosh sound. It sounds like when a guitar has a bad pot or a dirty pot. The wah is brand new so I'm not really sure if that's the case. Any ideas? ...and if so, what can I do?

Thanks!

-Chris

mistercoffee1

It might very well be the pot. If you know the bad/dirty pot sound, it's pretty distinct.
Have you contacted Geoffrey Teese at RMC?

CALI68

Silver Supporting Member
Hi, thanks for the help. I haven't contacted him yet but I will this week.

-Chris

CALI68

Silver Supporting Member
I spoke to Geoffrey today. Man! What a super cool Guy! Very very helpful.

I'm sending it in tomorrow and he's gonna fix it all up. He mentioned that he has switched to another potentiometer maker and he seems really pleased with the performance of the new one's. I sorta gathered that I wasn't the first to have an issue with this particular batch (blue with black pad). he said the newer ones are blue with a white pad.

-Chris

CALI68

Silver Supporting Member
I sent the pedal back and it returned better than ever in record time!

I am astounded by the tone of this wah pedal and highly impressed with the level of customer service! A+++++

-Chris

Jennman47

Gold Supporting Member
I did the same thing with my WOF wah. He picked it up Saturday (2/2) at the post office in South Carolina and it was fixed and on my doorstep in Michigan today (Wed 2/6). I am amazed at this brand of customer service.

Franklin

Gold Supporting Member
I too have this issue, I need to look into this more.... I think it happens more in certain situations. Since I play my wah about 10% of the time I always forget about it and it is only a subtle annoyance..

Trending Topics