Teese Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by pluto, Sep 18, 2008.

1. pluto

pluto Member

I have a quick question for those of you who have played/owned a Teese RMC3 and other Teese wahs (picture, wof, etc.)-how close can the RMC3 get to his other wahs when following his suggested settings? I did a search and found one post saying that to his ears, the RMC3 didn't sound like the other Teese wahs while using the suggested settings. I'm just wondering if other people have had similar or dissimilar findings.

2. -=solewheelin

-=solewheelin Member

That was me.
    But what i said was, when I dialed in the formulas Teese gave me to make the RMC3 sound like other non RMC pedals, it didnt quite sound like them. This is the only RMC wah I have ever owned and I have no Picture wah to compare the Picture wah settings with.
    When I dialed in the Trey Anastasio settings GT gave me (i thought he used a picture wah), it didnt really sound like his wah tone. I was using humbuckers into a Laney 4x12 tube amp.
    I do love the RMC3 for the custom tone I have found from it.
    View my youtube videos to hear that sound.
    I have a Rippah Q wah on the way to give a go, thanks to Fugot.

3. pluto

pluto Member

thanks solewheelin-I obviously misunderstood your post!

4. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

You can get the RMC to sound like a WOF wah, but I prefer the WOF by itself. It sounds bigger and throatier. What I like about the RMC3LE I have is the custom setting I came up with based upon the Sweet and Smooth as a starting point.

5. pluto

pluto Member

thanks guys for the comments. I used to own a RMC 3 LE a long time ago, but always wondered if the settings that came with the manual got close to the picture and wof. I just ended buying another RMC 3 yesterday from analogman, maybe I will buy a picture and wof later on and see if the RMC 3 can accurate cop those wahs. Does anyone know why the RMC 3 cannot be tweaked to sound like the Joe Walsh wah?