Teese RMC2 Switch Problem?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cslagle7, Dec 20, 2005.

1. cslagle7

cslagle7 Member

Has anyone had problems with their Teese completely cutting out when you engage the wah? Occassionally, I'll step down on my RMC2 and everything goes silent. I have to step on it again to get my signal back. I love everything about it, but this is a deal killer. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. guitarchris

guitarchris Member

I have had that problem with my Clyde Wah before, but i have no answers for ya!

3. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I bought a new RMC Picture wah, and exactly the same thing. He had me take out the plastic washer so it engages better, but once in a while the signal goes out completely when I step on it. I'm going to send it back to him. I bought a used Wizard wah and it has never done this and my old RMC 1 doesn't either. I think it is a bad switch because it has nothing to do with pressing hard enough because I can cause it with my hand activating the switch. I'd send it back.

4. theHoss

theHoss Member

I have an RMC2, and I have experienced that before as well. FYI

5. Yek

Yek Member

Oh yeah, it happens with my RMC2 too. It never happens when I press firmly though.

6. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

It is the True Bypass switch. It shouldn't be a deal breaker, just buy another switch. Believe me the same thing happend to me and it was the switch.

7. MattB

MattB Member

It happened to me when I first got my Wizard. I worked the switch for a while and it only happens when I don't stomp on it hard enough to engage. I emailed Geoffrey and he sent me another switch free of charge just in case. Great guy. I bought the Wah used and he still will replace the parts.
    -MattB

8. grunge-rock

grunge-rock Member

Give Geoffrey Teese an email and he'll help you out. Super nice guy!

GRTeese@aol.com

9. cslagle7

cslagle7 Member

Good to hear...I'll give him an email. Thanks guys...have a merry Christmas!

10. Seegs

Seegs Member

I was having an intermittent problem where sometimes my wah wouldn't cut on and sometimes it would and GRT recommended that I adjust the switch height...which is explained on the website...

but it happens so infrequently and only if I don't hit it hard enough that I just left it alone...

Chow,
    Seegs