Teese RMC2 ~VS~ Teese RMC6 (WOF)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Merelington, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Merelington

Merelington Member

I'll be buying this new as the newer white footprint versions have the sealed pots & all the newish teeses have the foxrox fuzz friendly technology. Before unloading $250 on another pedal I wanted your opinions on the two teese wahs.

I play experimental music (think Explosions in the sky, Mono, & Do make say think) and classic rock (Hendrix, Zeppelin) and need the wah to be flexible and easily adjustable...this rules out the RMC3. It needs to handle the nice warm sound AND the more high end shrill sound.

Thanks in advance!

2. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

Go for the RMC-2...the WOF Wah is nice but it only reallyhas one sound...I mean it has controls for that sound but it's really to just fine tune the one (WOF) wah sound...the RMC-2 has 11 different sounds and the ability to find tune all of them...much more flexible than the WOF.

3. crosse79

crosse79 Member

Yes - RMC2 is the one to go for. I owned one - but now own a Pict Wah. Also tried out a WOF wah - wasn't really my cup of tea.

4. Merelington

Merelington Member

Why did you give up the RMC2 for the Picture Wah? With the right settings can the RMC2 get that Picture wah & WOF wah sound as well?

5. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

I have to make a suggestion here..You need to email Geoffrey..He is one of the most accessible builders I know when it comes to product support.
    I can tell you this.The RMC2 will NOT do the WOF. The RMC2 can get you in Italian/American Vintage wah world. The Picture wah on the other hand was specifically designed to do the Vintage Vox thing and takes no Prisoners in the process..

6. drolling

drolling Member

Keith's right on both counts (as usual:AOK:D). GT actually reached out to ME at my e-mail address after reading my post here @TGP. Now that's customer service!

I also noticed you live in Ontario. Every time i'm in Toronto, I check out Songbird Music on Queen - only RMC franchise that I know of in CanaDA.

And I struck out every time untill last summer when they had almost the entire line in stock.

Didn't make my task any easier, but it sure was fun putting the 1, 2, Pic & Wiz thru' their paces w/a number of vintage amps & the beat up old strat that goes everywhere w/me..

Next time I'm in town I'm hoping to pick up a WoF.

7. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

The RMC2 is great and easily adjustable, but it doesn't have nearly as wide of a sweep as the WOF. The RMC3 is the most versatile wah GT makes as it'll get you all of the sounds of the other Teese wahs, the only drag is that the controls are internal.