Teese Wah and DC brick?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by marcg71, Dec 22, 2009.

1. marcg71

marcg71 Member

Anyone know if these are safe together? Got damn lucky and the wife got me one for my birthday today and I recall reading that you have to be careful on the external power source? Anyone running these together?

2. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

It is safe.

3. marcg71

marcg71 Member

Thank you so very much! Have a great holiday season!

4. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

You Too.. Don't ever hesitate to contact RMC.He loves to take care of questions like that. See ya.

5. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

Check on that...new generation RMC was can not deal with a power supply that puts out more than 200mA...the DC Brick is not an isolated power supply...it's a daisy chain in a box set up, I'd guess that the current to each output will vary depending on the load on the total unit...it might very well be possible to exceed 200mA with a DC Brick...

6. marcg71

marcg71 Member

WOW! I was worried about that! Thanks a bunch!

7. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

You don't have to worry.In late 06 and early 07 Geoffrey said he had about 10 failures out of around 1000 wahs related to the One spot's1500ma.The component was on the new buffer circuit and has been reinforced.He said it would pretty much take a lightning strike to take one out now. The power supply you have,375ma, is the same one my friend Greg has been using for years with his 07 picture wah without a problem.I would never have given you the advice I did without doing my homework and talking to Geoffrey first. For reference any RMC wah with a gold signature dating back to 07 will have the update.You have a new RMC3 I believe so have fun..
    PS Wingwalker gave you some good safe advise based on what he read at RMC.He just did not know all the details. FWIW a 9v battery will last forever in the wah.If you have in on a board,take an old adapter plug and stick it in the ac hole when not in use.That will disconnect the battery.Just unplug when read to play.You can get very thrifty and add an eyelet to the wire and use the plate screws to hold it in place..I really want to market that idea but don't have the money or time to make it happen.