Teese wah problem....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by HurricaneJesus, Apr 5, 2008.

1. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

I just got a new axe last week and today I've been working on it to get it ready for gigs. Anyway, after I was working on adjusting pickup height I plugged into my board (see sig) and the clean sound had lost all brightness compared to straight into the amp. I plugged into each pedal individually to see what the deal was and it's the Teese RMC-1. I also tried the whole board without the Teese and while there's a slight discernable high-end loss, with the Teese in there it's as though I dropped my tone control to zero.
    What is this all about? I'm not sure if it has the foxrox retrofit (I run the wah after fuzz anyway) but could that be the culprit? Another wah isn't an option either because this one kills aside from the bypassed sound.

2. The Captain

The Captain Supporting Member

Just e-mail Teese, and he will sort you out in a snap. I had a very minor switch problem with mine, and he was all over it to get me fixed and happy.
    BTW, if it is a Picture wah, there is a boost pot inside to adjust, might be worth checking that first.

3. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

good point, ive heard he's quite helpfull, might be able to just get a true bypass looper too and get it out of the loop when not in use, that will fix it.!!

4. mistercoffee1

mistercoffee1 Member

The Foxrox should not be the culprit, as it's only part of the signal when the wah is switched on. When bypassed, it's not even in the signal.

5. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

Weird...sucks cause they've been closed to move across country so it'll be awhile before he gets back to me. I guess for the time being I can use my bypass box but it still kinda sucks....

6. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

+1 Geoffrey Teese he's a great guy and he knows his stuff on wahs!

7. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

It was a bad cable....feelin kinda dumb for not doing all of my homework...

8. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

What's to feel dumb about?? You figured it out. I would have blamed the switch ;) Glad it all worked out..Keith