Teese wah question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Craig Walker, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Craig Walker

Craig Walker WHO DAT!! Gold Supporting Member

I like the Wheels of Fire clip the best, and noticed the RMC3 has a WoF setting:

Does the RMC3 do the WoF thing well, or should I look for a real WoF?

2. Ted Witcher

Ted Witcher Member

I had both. To my ears, the setting was not quite there... but I've also found that with all the models, e.g. the PW setting doesn't quite nail my actual Picture. YMMV, but I'd say if you like the sound, best to get an actual WoF.

3. Craig Walker

4. cheesey

cheesey Member

i was really gasing for a picture wah but there is something that annoyed me in some of the clips i heard , just a bit too much Q , so i went with the wof and its awesome , have been giggin with it for almost a year and hasnt failed me yet unlike my mjm ulysses. the wof has the vol and Q controls external which is handy. i love that you can floor this wah and not blow eardrums.

5. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

Sorry if this is a dumb question:

WoF?
    Q?

:rolleyes:

RC

6. 60HzShuffle

60HzShuffle Member

7. dosmun

dosmun Member

You would need to get a RMC3/LE or a RMC3/RD with the Halo inductor to get you closer. The standard RMC3 uses the SOD.

8. Creamy

Creamy Member

A couple of thoughts on the WoF and RMC3. The sound clips on Teese's site are done using his rig, so yours is going to sound a little different regardless of which pedal you choose. From the reviews I've read of WoF, most users have nothing but praises for it. It does that wah thing for one sound and does it well. The RMC3, IMO is incredible for its range and diversity. A lot of poeple in search of the WoF sound say they prefer the WoF after first trying the RMC3 pedal. However, the RMC3 is incredible for how much you can tweak it. If I remember correctly, it has 5 little pots and 9 dip switches inside that you can use to sculpt your sound. Just something to keep in mind if you think you'll ever want to create something for your rig that is truely unique.

9. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Perhaps Michael Lawrence (muddy) will jump in - he had a hand in the design/tuning of the WoF.

10. Craig Walker

I hear that Voodoo Chile thang going on in the WoF clip, which is the definitive wah sound IMO.

11. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

I love my RMC3LE and it gets a ton of great sounds, but why does Teese put the power adaptor on the right side? No other wha I have is like that.

12. drolling

drolling Member

Hey guys- I've always wanted one of Geoffrey's creations, but whenever I'm in Tdot at the only store in Canada that stocks them, they're inevitably back-ordered.. I 've never even seen one- except in photographs .. so.. I'll have to order one - but I remember last year there was a project here at TGP.. Everybody mu-metaled their inductors to cut RF interference..

Has this problem been rectified in all production models, or is it still DIY?

I seem to recall it was the Picture Wah (the one I want, of course) that had the noise issues..

Has this been resolved?

The last wah I owned that picked up radio stations was a Colorsound (about 36 years ago) but my VOX & Budda are pretty much dead-silent..

So what's the story? Are all Teese wahs prone to noise, or does it depend on the inductor used?

thanks..

13. Great King Rat

Great King Rat Member

I had Geoffrey put in Halo inductor into my RMC3. I can match most of the tone clips. You have to remember technique, amps, and guitars play a great roll as well.

14. JLee

JLee Member

I believe it's just the wahs with the Halo. Geoffrey has been using custom Mumetal cans for his wahs since the "Mumetal project" though.

15. drolling

drolling Member

Thanks very much, Abbe!