• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Tele Bridge 4 humbucker

sugarlou

Silver Supporting Member
Does anyone make a stamped steel Tele bridge for humbucker? Vintage style. One I can swap saddles from the early style Fender one. I don't want a modern chrome one with 6 saddles.

Last edited:

sugarlou

Silver Supporting Member
Hmmm. I'm looking for the stock stamped steel ashtray type baseplate with a humbucker size cut out. Not available?

I want to keep the vintage aesthetics

Tonebender

Silver Supporting Member
Marc Rutters makes something just like you describe. -Full size humbucker bridge with the standard Tele footprint.

sugarlou

Silver Supporting Member
Is it stamped steel with the raised edge?

I mean I could always modify a Fender bridge base but it would be a bit of a pain to do

Tonebender

Silver Supporting Member
-Reach out to him. He makes beautiful stuff and very capable of meeting your specs...

Tony Bones

The problem is that a standard sized humbucker is wider than an ashtray bridge plate. Add the ears for height adjustment and it gets even wider still. Look at some teles with a bridge humbucker in a plastic mounting ring. The ring is wider than the bridge.

There are a few around for six saddles, but if you look closely they're wider than a standard Tele bridge plate. I think it would look weird to have the raised edges ashtray style that wide so they just aren't offered.

TV Jones offers a 3 barrel plate for their pickups (which are smaller than normal humbuckers) but it doesn't the raised edges. And, obviously, it will only fit their pickups, but they do have a pretty wide selection.

broken_sound

Silver Supporting Member
Marc makes great stuff and his Hot Rod line is billet instead of forged which is pretty cool.

Another option, which I personally think looks really cool, is installing the GE Smith bridge.

sugarlou

Silver Supporting Member
I didn't realize the pickup is wider. Last thing I want is billet though.

GE bridge?

Last edited:

Tonebender

Silver Supporting Member
It's true... humbuckers are too wide for the standard tele footprint. The Rutters bridge has an adaptor plate for a standard humbucker that bends the ears in and mounts to the bridge like a regular tele pickup... I've seen pictures and it's pretty darn cool.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Email Rutters, I'm sure he'll make you a vintage one and relic it as well.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom