• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Tele bridge pickup that does nice clean and dirt?

Webfoot

Silver Supporting Member
I have mia 07 tele and want to upgrade the bridge. Want something that gives a bit more to work with for classic rock dirt.... but still want very nice sounding open cleans.

Seems most pickups get tweaked either for very nice cleans or just for dirt and sterile sounding cleans.

Anything that does both very well?

Klein Pickups

You could try going with a tele bridge wound like a P-90 to give you that clean/dirty sound. If you are looking for a type of pickup construction you would not go wrong if you were to get a pickup wound with Al-3 Enamel 8-8.5k output, or Al-5 Formvar 8k output. Both of those constructions would give you that Clean yet Dirty tone with out making a scarafice on either side.

Chris Klein

daddyo

Seymour Duncan Jerry Donahue. I've got one in my ash/maple tele and it sounds equally great doing country or hard rock.

karma1

I recently did a pickup swap on my Tele Thinline bridge and installed a Duncan Little 59 single space humbucker with a 250k push-pull pot for series/parallel switching. It sounds great overdriven in series, and gives a nice clean tone in parallel, especially in combination with the neck pickup (Lace Sensor Gold).

Southern ILL

Starting these 3 pinecaster builds this week.....The middle one(SOLD) is getting a GFS Alnico Fatboy....Good reviews for R&R.....and even clean. I may wire it up in my tele to see how it sounds...I'll post a clip if I do.

baimun

I've played through the Jerry Donahue and it was pretty sweet.

That Red P90 pinecaster above is HOT!!!!!!

I've got a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound Tele Lead with a coil tap.

Untapped, it's overwound almost like a P90 with nice fat mids. Hit the coil tap switch and it drops to an underwound, more vintage, sound. Both settings are single coil (some people think stacked humbucker when I say coil tap, but it's not.)

Trending Topics