Tele/Esquire Necks

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by Senzu21, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Senzu21

Senzu21 Member

I am building a Tele or Esquire and want to find a decent priced 50's style neck all maple (ie, D or Huge C, V would be the best for me). Who has these decent priced?

2. big mike

big mike Administrator Staff Member

I'm fond of Warmoth myself, but lot's of folks are also pretty happy with the Allparts, USAGC, and WD necks. Plus you can scour ebay for a used MIM neck or Mighty Mite.

3. CitizenCain

CitizenCain Member

I just picked up an Allparts neck for my custom Tele. It's the TMNF Fat, a full 1" U-shape, absolute huge neck. I love it. Lacquer finish, you supply a nut, $160. Quality is Fender Custom Shop level, seriously. Only thing for you application though is that it's a 9.5" radius, not vintage.

They also have a fairly beefy V-shape neck, finished, 7.25" radius for the same price.

I got it from an eBay shop, I forget the name but I can look it up if you're interested.

4. bigroy

bigroy Member

+1 for the Allparts Necks. I built my tele using one of the V-shaped with the 7.5 radius. Looks and plays great.

5. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

I used to have a Tele repro neck by Eliot Mechanic@Mechanicland - it was the BEST tele neck ever. Wish I still had it . .