tele G-string buzz

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by TREV FLINT, Aug 20, 2008.

1. TREV FLINT

TREV FLINT Member

My Tele's G-string buzz's up and down the neck yet no other string except the low E (standard minor buzz) buzz's. I need to start troubleshooting and I could use some suggestions as to where to start.

thanks.

2. HandOfTheHost

HandOfTheHost Member

Check the bridge. I have a three saddle bridge which buzzed because the string would settle in the grub-screw hole. I had to file a shallow slot to prevent it from happening again.

3. TREV FLINT

TREV FLINT Member

thanks for the reply. Just checked the saddle and everything looks good there. Still wondering whats up with the buzz!!

4. Fineblend

Fineblend Member

Just tossing some ideas around, does your tele have a string tree for the G and D strings? Maybe the increase in tension will help eliminate some of the buzz?

5. Groovey Records

Groovey Records Member

Jackson Heights Birthplace of Johnny Thunders
    Hitch up your g saddle a bit there cowboy. Raise that saddle up a hair gentle like and you should be able to ride into the sunset/ But be real gentle so as not to affect the intonation.

If that doesnt do the trick it may be the slot on the nut is cut too deep for the guage string you are using. That'd be the next place to look if raising the saddle dont do it, then maybe take the g string guage up a wee bit.

I had a problem with the hi e on the first fret flating when open ao I went from .010 to .011 and now its twanging like a barbed wire fence on a windy day!

6. TREV FLINT

TREV FLINT Member

thanks for the reply's. I now have a few things to try.