tele guys c'mon in a mo

Vishnu

do tele folk change out PUPS THE WAY LP folk do?

are tele pots CTS? yeah? then they wont bother chabging them,right?
what about the cap,do you change that out? and change it for what cap and spec?

any other upgrades you would consider on a STD USA tele?

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
for me, set of don mare pickups.

then play the snot outta that beyotch.

Unless you're up for wacking a hole in it, then get a 2tek bridge and call it good.

joeburke

For an american standard tele, the stock pots/cap should be just fine. Alot of tele players swap out the pickups, there are tons of options out there. Check out tdpri.com's pickup forum for some ideas.

Vishnu

For an american standard tele, the stock pots/cap should be just fine. Alot of tele players swap out the pickups, there are tons of options out there. Check out tdpri.com's pickup forum for some ideas.

so ARE the pots CTS?

and what value of cap do most folk prefer?

SLBlues

for me, set of don mare pickups.

then play the snot outta that beyotch.

Unless you're up for wacking a hole in it, then get a 2tek bridge and call it good.
Is it necessary to send your body to someone to have the 2tek bridge installed or can it be done by a competent tech/luthier? Ballpark on cost involved? Not much info on the net that I can find. TIA Sorry for jacking the thread OP.

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Have to contact 2tek but I imagine a competent tech should be able.
I sent my tele to them.

Kitten Cannon

Once I got the right set I stopped swapping. Prior to that I did a fair amount of blowing through every neck pickup I could find trying to find one that did what I wanted it to. Settled on a set of Hamels and haven't even thought about pickups since.

MT Buckaroo

Gold Supporting Member
Like I change my underwear.

Fralins, Rio Grande, Duncans, Fender CS, HD, DiMarzio, Rumples, Van Zandt, and probably some I can't remember...

grungebob

what ever came stock in my road worn tele does it for me, I cant find a need to change anything on the guitar except compensated saddles.

alberob

My Tele has Bardens in it right now ,when I get bored with them I put a set of Lollar Specials in it .I like them both better than the stock p/u 's that came in the guitar which is a 1984 52 re-issue.:YinYang

OldgtrNovice

Im in the process of "upgrading" my Cort Performer series Tele. I replaced the stock pickups, which sounded really bad, with the Bill Lawrence TL series. I'm also replacing the Bridget, nut and tuners. I might do the pots and the switch, as well, but the pickups were the first thing to go.

karma1

I swapped the stock pickups on my Tele Thinline for a Lace Sensor Gold/neck and Duncan Little 59/bridge with a push-pull for series/parallel switching. I also couldn't wait to get rid of the stock 1 meg pots that it came with which made the guitar ear-piercingly bright. Don't know what they were thinking with that. I put in 250k - much better.

WCR Broadcaster set (at this time, I also have the Wagcaster set), CTS 250K pots, and a 1958 .047uf Mylar Sprague Bumble Bee cap, that is so big, it almost required surgery to get it to fit. Almost.

Trending Topics