1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Tele in a Tunnel v/s Tele in a tub

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by fatback, May 12, 2006.

1. fatback

fatback Member

Pardon the repost if you've already seen this one on HCfx or BAM.

I picked up this Lovepedal 1/2 watt classic off HCfx last week and I've been having a great time with it the last couple of days playing it through a 1 x 10 cab with a Weber blue-pup.

I wanted to hear it with some reverb, so I took a little trip yesterday:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-108647903364785943
    [​IMG]

To me, the whole point of the half-watter is it's portability. No EQ on the amp? No problem, just find the right room for the job...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3700083473289620474&pl=true

If eq seems really nescesary, the Antelope, Morning Dew eq works very well with the 1/2 watter as do most of my other pedals. This little amp is no novelty. I can see a lot of cool uses for it in the future.

Sean done did good!:thu:

An important note: The type of batteries, (Alkaline/ non-Alkaline) you use will make a noticeable difference in tone and headroom. It is definately worth experimenting with. Clip 1 (tunnel) is non-Alk. Clip 2 (bath) is using Alkaline batteries.

cheers.

2. thintele

thintele Member

:AOK very cool...what great natural ambience

3. vladorg

vladorg Supporting Member

Oh yeah,me likey!How much does the little beast run for?

Vlad

4. ivers

ivers Member

Wow... that's one sweet sounding little amp, man!

5. polifemo

polifemo Member

:AOK :AOK :AOK :AOK :AOK :AOK :AOK :AOK :AOK :AOK :AOK :AOK :AOK

Could we have an Epiphone Valve Junior Head (5 watts, EL84, 99 USD!) in a tunnel as well? :dude

edit: Just realised that thereĀ“ll be no power for the amp... A soundclip of the Valve Head JR would be nice though! Anyone!?

6. russv

russv Member

I just wanted to say these video's liberated me of some cash to get a 1/2 watt. Great videos, at least the money went to a TGPer. I am really digging the 1/2 watt, so its all good.

7. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

That tele in the tunnel is incredible! I want!

Chuck

8. Sub-D

Sub-D Guest

The tunnel one is still my favorite video of yours that you have posted here and I have certainly liked all the others I have seen. I think the combination of the great spontaneous playing added percussion, really dope tunnel verb and then the three people busting through the sunlight add up to create a seriously cool vibe.

9. Blueshound

Blueshound Member

That is just too cool. Awesome playing, as always. Thanks for the clips. Lee

10. gandolf203

gandolf203 Member

I can't believe those people didn't say anything to you. How often do you find someone jamming in a tunnel fer cryin' out loud?

That clip brought a smile to my face. Thank you for making my day!

11. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Sweet tone man! And playing.
    As a kid, I used to take my 5 watt Silvertone class A tube amp, and '52 LesPaul into my families large, all concrete garage and play for hours. It had the most incredible reverb! make the ECM folks envious :)

To this day, I feel a great sence of loss if I don't play with some smooth 'verb goin' on. (prefer stereo) My old Lexicon never fails to make me smile

HJ

12. CocoTone

CocoTone Senior Member

Tone is just awesome!! Small amps are so cool. Try that with your Marshall NMV half stacK!!;)

CT.