• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Tele into RAT guys, share your setups!

I remember seeing Jawbreaker in NYC many, many years ago on Valentine's Day. Blake dropped his white Les Paul and snapped off the headstock. Otherwise, was a fantastic show!
Oh damn, was that the white Custom he's almost never seen without? Either way that's awesome! I saw them a couple years back in London and that guitar was back in action and sounding killer, also one of the best shows I've ever been to :D

Nice emo setup!

It might be worth checking out Graham Coxon's setup. The king of Telecaster into RATs.

Probably the king of RAT pedals ahah. And now that I think of it, the king of Telecasters.
Many thanks! This is actually quite a change for me as I've been an amp gain guy almost exclusively for years, but I'm enjoying this a lot. Yeah I saw the TPS episode with him on, seems like such a cool guy.

Coming through to say how much I love Rats. And Jawbreaker.
I am loving that this has brought so many Jawbreaker fans to the fore :D when all's said and done, they are still my favourite band even after the first time I heard them 11 years ago!

MogwaiBoy

Jawbreaker ey, heh cool.

For me: American Deluxe Tele w/ Joe Barden Modern-T > Foxpedal Wrath Rat clone > various tube amps (Mesa / Fender / locally made).

The Wrath has the "sag" of a vintage Rat, but somehow still sounds tight and focused as expected.

Jawbreaker ey, heh cool.

For me: American Deluxe Tele w/ Joe Barden Modern-T > Foxpedal Wrath Rat clone > various tube amps (Mesa / Fender / locally made).

The Wrath has the "sag" of a vintage Rat, but somehow still sounds tight and focused as expected.
Awesome! I hadn't heard of that one, I'll check it out. Haha yeah that sticker has opened a can of worms :D

tonedover

Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
put my order in for a fatrat yesterday. cannot wait to have a rat with a fattened bass response

rumstove

I'll let everyone else comment on Jawbreaker and I'll focus on the Laney. I've been using my GH100L since '94. We have the same B M T settings haha.

5F6-A

Been really enjoying my Tele into a SUF Skinner Box (based off the 'Bud Box RAT'). Tight, raw crunch with a nice mid kick; running it into a Bassbreaker 45 Head set to a gritty clean. Show your Telecaster/RAT setups! Mine is below.

Level 11 o'clock
Gain, 9 o'clock
Filter 2 o'clock

I'm using a Mooer Black Secret in Turbo mode. Amp is 5F2A clone with no NFL and into Greenback type speakers.
I use it for a bluesy overdrive. Sounds killer and different to your usual TS or KOT tone.

BTW (OP), are those Gotoh in-tune brass saddles? They look cool! Are you happy with them?

Tele’s, RAT’s & Jawbreaker. This thread is hitting all the right notes for me.

Current “live” (aka:whenever gigs return) rig for one of my projects is an AO 60’s Tele -> Big Ear Woodcutter (gain just below 12:00 volume 2:30, Filter just below 1:00) -> Early 70’s 50w Marshall Super Lead & V30 loaded 4x12.

Sounds massive.

I'll let everyone else comment on Jawbreaker and I'll focus on the Laney. I've been using my GH100L since '94. We have the same B M T settings haha.
Ah no way? Can't believe how little money I spent to get mine, and yeah it seems to be just killer with everything at noon, cliche as it is!

Level 11 o'clock
Gain, 9 o'clock
Filter 2 o'clock

I'm using a Mooer Black Secret in Turbo mode. Amp is 5F2A clone with no NFL and into Greenback type speakers.
I use it for a bluesy overdrive. Sounds killer and different to your usual TS or KOT tone.

BTW (OP), are those Gotoh in-tune brass saddles? They look cool! Are you happy with them?
Nice! I've wanted to try something with greenbacks for a long time, I've only ever had V30s. As far as the saddles go I'm actually not sure, they were stock on the guitar when I picked it up. They seem to work well though, the intonation is pretty good.

Trending Topics