• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Tele players: what body mods/cuts do you like?

Arc Angel

Tele players being a traditional bunch ;-) I was wondering what the consensus is on any body mods which "aid" playability:

1. Belly Cut
2. Forearm Contour
3. Heel Contour

Sure, I like Nocasters and Blackguards too :) but what do you think about something like a session player's guitar, etc., with enhancements to aid playability and versatility ....

Any ideas?

Arc Angel

None. Sounds like you want a Strat instead.
Actually no, I prefer Teles but also play Strats.

OK, how about, assuming you have all of the traditional Teles you need :) would an additional modded Tele per the above aid you in any way?

cameron

OK, how about, assuming you have all of the traditional Teles you need :) would an additional modded Tele per the above aid you in any way?
In that unlikely case, I'd maybe consider a forearm contour.

Rusty G.

I've got an old '74 Tele Deluxe, you know, the brown mocha looking one with two humbuckers. . .I guess you could say it's not really a tele, because it's got two humbuckers. . .But, it is a tele, I'm just not sure Fender knew what it was doing when it made it, but that's another story. . .Anyway, it's got the belly cut. As I've gotten older, I apprecite the tummy or belly cut.

Arc Angel

Why are body mods not popular on a Tele? Look at how ergonomic a Strat is for example). Is it traditional alone or a belief that tone would be affected adversely?

jimmyj

Why are body mods not popular on a Tele? Look at how ergonomic a Strat is for example). Is it traditional alone or a belief that tone would be affected adversely?
I feel like a strat is the least ergonomic of all the traditional electric guitars but that's because of the way they hang.

I once had a tele with the belly cut and the forearm cut and didn't mind them but I don't miss them on my "normal" teles either.

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
I put tummy cuts and contoured heels on my tele bodies unless a customer specifies otherwise. Hey - I like my comfort - tradition is nothing to get hung up about IMO.

Drew816

Silver Supporting Member
Belly Cut for me, I can deal with the lack of a forearm cut but I'm just more comfortable with a guitar with a BC in it. May not be 'traditional' but I play better so I'll take what little help I can get where I can get it!

Oh, and I use a bridge with the sides cut off too, I forget the proper name for this but the Danny Gatton mod; Trad' bridge otherwise but...

Happy Playing!

Trending Topics