Tele players: what body mods/cuts do you like?

Arc Angel

Tele players being a traditional bunch ;-) I was wondering what the consensus is on any body mods which "aid" playability:

1. Belly Cut
2. Forearm Contour
3. Heel Contour

Sure, I like Nocasters and Blackguards too :) but what do you think about something like a session player's guitar, etc., with enhancements to aid playability and versatility ....

Any ideas?

Arc Angel

None. Sounds like you want a Strat instead.

Actually no, I prefer Teles but also play Strats.

OK, how about, assuming you have all of the traditional Teles you need :) would an additional modded Tele per the above aid you in any way?

cameron

OK, how about, assuming you have all of the traditional Teles you need :) would an additional modded Tele per the above aid you in any way?

In that unlikely case, I'd maybe consider a forearm contour.

Rusty G.

I've got an old '74 Tele Deluxe, you know, the brown mocha looking one with two humbuckers. . .I guess you could say it's not really a tele, because it's got two humbuckers. . .But, it is a tele, I'm just not sure Fender knew what it was doing when it made it, but that's another story. . .Anyway, it's got the belly cut. As I've gotten older, I apprecite the tummy or belly cut.

Arc Angel

Why are body mods not popular on a Tele? Look at how ergonomic a Strat is for example). Is it traditional alone or a belief that tone would be affected adversely?

jimmyj

Why are body mods not popular on a Tele? Look at how ergonomic a Strat is for example). Is it traditional alone or a belief that tone would be affected adversely?

I feel like a strat is the least ergonomic of all the traditional electric guitars but that's because of the way they hang.

I once had a tele with the belly cut and the forearm cut and didn't mind them but I don't miss them on my "normal" teles either.

marantz1300

I like cuts and planks.
100_0775.jpg

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
I put tummy cuts and contoured heels on my tele bodies unless a customer specifies otherwise. Hey - I like my comfort - tradition is nothing to get hung up about IMO.

Drew816

Chupacabra Psychiatrist and Meme Thief
Silver Supporting Member
Belly Cut for me, I can deal with the lack of a forearm cut but I'm just more comfortable with a guitar with a BC in it. May not be 'traditional' but I play better so I'll take what little help I can get where I can get it!

Oh, and I use a bridge with the sides cut off too, I forget the proper name for this but the Danny Gatton mod; Trad' bridge otherwise but...

Happy Playing!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom