Tele preferences (colours)

JimH

Howdy fellas.

I've got a few chunks of ash hanging round and intend to make two teles. 1 pretty trad - maybe like a 52 and the other not so trad.

I'm thinking coloured, maybe rosewood board, maybe with binding etc.

So what colours do we like? I'm thinking a deep red or crimson. Any thoughts on colours? or combinations with pickguards? thanks.

joeysmac

The Montego Black w/ Gold Pickguard looks cool and different. It's a black with tiny gold specks in it and the pickguard is a brushed gold color. It's on Fender's website and I think it's only on the American Deluxe Teles....well it's the only one I've seen it on. Good luck.

JimH

hahaha, thanks - how did I know I was gonna get a 'custom' answer!!
Seriously though thanks for the suggestion, no point going the easy route all the time.

52ftbuddha

Dakota Red, Sonic Blue, Blonde no honey (let the sucker age naturally). Now if you have binding LPB and Sherwood Green.

rob

JimH

Just had a look - you're right, looks great. So is that white bound? couldn't make out the gold specks on the web picture.

JimH

Now if you have binding LPB and Sherwood Green.
#

Really wanted to do green but thought would be permanently associated with status quo. Thanks - good suggestion.

photoguy

Not exactly a "color" but when I had to pick a finish, I wanted to it to be a little traditional, and a little modern at the same time. Kind of "T" meets "LP".

WarrenGuitar017Web-1.jpg

Went with a butterscotch that just wraps around the front edge and almost looks like a cap despite being a one-piece.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom