1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tele Saddles

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by FenderAmpGas, Mar 17, 2005.

1. FenderAmpGas

FenderAmpGas Member

I'm upgrading a CIJ '52 Reissue Telecaster and want to put on some compensated brass saddles. Right now I'm looking at the Callaham saddles and the Wilkinson saddles.

Of the 2 which would you recommend? Any other brands that I should look at?

Thanks!

2. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

I have the Callahams and I like them, but the main reason I have them is because of the bridge plate. To me this the piece of hardware to buy if you want to improve your tele.

3. FenderAmpGas

FenderAmpGas Member

I have the Callaham trem block in my Strat and it's made a big difference. I'll have to add the tele bridge plate to my list of upgrades.

Thanks!

4. KLB

KLB Member

The Callaham saddles are approximately compensated.

With the Wilkinson, you can get EXACT intonation, and still have the benefits of the two-strings per saddle down pressure, brass mass, etc. The TONE is there.

The latest Callaham steel bridge tray may be superior to the Wilkinson and that on your Tele, however.

5. JMintzer

JMintzer Burned Out Mod

I put a set of Callaham saddles on my RI Nocaster Relic. I couldn't be happier!

Well, if they weren't so shiny, I'd be happier... ;)

Jamie

6. KLB

KLB Member

7. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Silver Supporting Member

DeTemple Titanium Saddes (probably somewhat comparable to the Callaham Steel saddes).

8. adelphi710

adelphi710 Member

i have the callaham vintage style bridge w/ brass saddles and the plate. i can't seem to get the intonation right however. i'm wondering if i should replace the callaham saddles w/ the wilkinson ones? or if i should just get some regular non-compensated saddles and get the earvana nut?

9. stratofied

stratofied Member

10. Bonedance

Bonedance Member

The Glendales have been getting great press ( along with Callaham ) over on the TDPRI.

I recently put a set or Graph Tech Tusq IOS on my tele repalcieng non-comp brass saddles. I really like the IOS. Similar in design to the Wilkenson but different material.

11. GDSblues

GDSblues Member

Removed - please promote your products in the Manufacturers & Dealers Emporium. Thank you. --chiba