Tele-style builders

Scott Auld

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad there's options other than Fender these days. Fender still makes some decent Teles, but you can get tons more for your money & customizable options from dozens of great small builders. Can there be too many quality Tele builders? Not for me.
Well said. I love my 52RI and am glad I found a good one but if something happened to it I would order up from a small builder.

:drink

wichita

i've gotten to be buddies with lance and avi. awesome guys building AMAZING teles. seriously, they are nailing the vintage thing. it's uncanny. i've played around 10 of their guitars and they all have it!! a good friend of mine (and tgp member ginormous) has a pine that i get to play all the time. i know this is probably said too often, but it really does feel and sound like a magical vintage guitar. i can't say enough good things about em.

wait times are nominal!

i have one on order...

oh, and their prices are beyond fair. esp, for a completely hand built instrument. no parts.

lslinstruments.com

HIGHLY recommended.

This is mine.
The cool thing about Lance and the crew is that they do indeed build their guitars from scratch. They make their own necks, bodies, and even wind their own pickups.
Mine is really incredible and the pickups are extremely dynamic.
I am getting some great tones out of this puppy and love the flamed maple on the neck.
Highly recommend these and I am indeed a self professed tele snob.. :)
Can't beat the price for a hand made piece anywhere as far as I know.

lslinstruments.com

HIGHLY recommended.

jzilla

This is mine.
The cool thing about Lance and the crew is that they do indeed build their guitars from scratch. They make their own necks, bodies, and even wind their own pickups.
Mine is really incredible and the pickups are extremely dynamic.
I am getting some great tones out of this puppy and love the flamed maple on the neck.
Highly recommend these and I am indeed a self professed tele snob.. :)
Can't beat the price for a hand made piece anywhere as far as I know.

lslinstruments.com

HIGHLY recommended.
i think i got to play this one. has the snappiest, most exciting feel and sound. congrats!!
-j

talpa

Platinum Supporting Member
Man did I miss the boat - hey Lance what did you spec on yours...what a beauty.

SilentRadio

There are a lot off vids on youtube and all (!) sound impressive. They should do some late 50s / early 60s stuff too!
I saw one off the LSL Teles in a shop in Frankfurt but unfortunately the price was really over the top compared to prices in the US. Seems that the shipping is as expensive as the guitar itself ;-)

Telecaster

There are a lot off vids on youtube and all (!) sound impressive. They should do some late 50s / early 60s stuff too!
I saw one off the LSL Teles in a shop in Frankfurt but unfortunately the price was really over the top compared to prices in the US. Seems that the shipping is as expensive as the guitar itself ;-)
Guitarguitar.co.uk sells them at £1,385.00 but they ran out of stock. They had 4 I think and they sold within a couple of weeks.

Teleking

Silver Supporting Member
I still love my LSL. Never been a big fan of a maple neck, but this is an outstanding guitar. I will say I'm partial to my new Danocaster, but that may be because it's new.

I don't own a ton of these boutique guitars like some here, but I can tell you that both my LSL and Dano blow away any of the custom shop guitars I've played. I live in the home of Woodwind/Brasswind, and they used to have tons of custom shop guitars in stock all the time, and rotated (sold) them out all the time. Probably played 40 custom shop Fenders and I really feel both of these guitars I own are better than those I played out there with maybe one being an exception, and that was a 5K guitar.

I do love the way my LSL feels. I like the Dano pickup in the neck much better than the LSL. The Dano is hotter in the bridge, but that was by design as I wanted something different than the LSL. Love both guitars. Only complaint on the LSL is the neck pickup is very dark in mine compared to others. I probably need to raise it up a bit.

Trending Topics