Tele Taste Question........

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Jim Wagner Pickups, Apr 24, 2005.

1. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

Uh-OH....mailman came yesterday and had my roommate sign for a box from WCR...beautifully made as per Wags's gold standard of construction...A 1st batch set of Bardens are coming out along with the harness...mmmmmph?
    If they sound as good as they look-We(the Royal We) are in serious trouble-more later,gentlemen...
    Wags,they are frickin' gorgeous:cool:

2. duckbunny

duckbunny Member

EXACTLY!!!

Also - Like Jerry Donahue on the Hellcaster's First album (especially on "Orange Blossom Special") when played through a clean amp.

-db

3. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Supporting Member

Noone ever seems to mention the Pretenders. Lawdy does that band have some of the best ever Pop Rock Tele tones (sounds like mostly bridge and middle to me). Any way seems like alot of you guys would dig my mostly stock MIM 50's tele. Its got vintage style pickups that are always on the verge of feeding back but somehow never do. Still I wish the neck pickup was a little less dull and more strat-like and I wish the bridge was a little beefier.

4. unclej54

unclej54 Guest

i'm building a sort of tele thin line as we speak. modified the shape a bit. walnut back chambered out with a zebra wood top. french curve sound hole on the upper bout. i'm putting an 80's gibson t bucker in the neck position and an overwound dimarzio single coil in the bridge. i'm thinking of a four way switch with the fourth position putting the bridge pup out of phase. i have absolutely no idea what it's going to sound like but i'm anxious to find out. if it sounds good i'll let you all know..if not you'll never hear about it again.:D

5. tonedrip

tonedrip Member

Just want to say what a great thread this is. I'm diggin my Tele more and more every day, and one observation I've made is, I get more nods of approval from band memners and positive comments on tone when I play the Tele. And I have some very high end guitars.

Teles are honest tone machines, no doubt. I had my pickups made to my desired specs based on musical examples I discussed with Pete Biltoft (vintagevibe guitars) . I truly think that is the way to go. There are so many talented pickup gurus out there willing to listen to your wishes...you can't go wrong.

Long live the Tele :dude

6. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

Funk 49
    Solo to "Stairway to Heaven"
    oh...and everything off of Brent Mason's "Hot Wired".
    :cool:
    S.
    j

7. Greg

Greg Member

unclej54,

I'd love to see a picture of that tele. I'm a sucker for zebrawood.

8. unclej54

unclej54 Guest

i'll post a pic or two when i get finished with it..it's my first time working with it and you have to be real careful when routing it but it's gonna be killer when it's finished.

9. KRosser

KRosser Member

I'm a Tele guy mostly for the feel/playablity/balance...there's times when I want the trad Tele vibe and times when I try to make it not so obvious what guitar I'm playing.