Tele Thinline pricing questions

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by thefacelessnate, Mar 25, 2008.

1. thefacelessnate

thefacelessnate Member

Hey all,
    So I have a Tele Thinline that I bought a few years ago that I want to sell, and I swore that I paid around $1,000 for it. But I have the USA model, not the Mexico model. Everywhere I look for pricing they are going for $700 new, but they must be the Mexico model. I remember when I went to go get mine the guy brought out a thinline but it was a mexico model going for around 700 I believe, so I know I didn't pay the Mexico model cost. Does anyone know anything about the cost difference? I swear it was about 1,000 for mine, maybe I just have bad memory. Thanks.

2. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

The only USA Thinline's I recall were made in the mid 90's.

There are a few here who own those and they're very nice guitars. Csapo owns more than he should :) so he would probably be a good person to talk to.

Good Luck

3. Csapo

Csapo Gold Supporting Member

Nope, your memory is just fine.

Does it look like one of these?

[​IMG]

If so, I have seen them sell on Ebay for between $900 and $1800!!!! A very clean Natural went for $1800 and a 3TSB with a maple neck just sold for $1499.

I haven't seen too many listed lately, which could help you get more money. I have a pdf of the original Fender Frontline listing for these Thinlines. PM me your email address and I will forward it, if you like.

What color is yours? I'm still searching for a black/maple combo and/or a natural/maple combo.

4. Csapo

Csapo Gold Supporting Member

Only because I don't have the talent to build, like you do...:BEER

5. thefacelessnate

thefacelessnate Member

Ok... I found my receipt and I did pay $1000 brand new for the American 72' Thinline (w/ hard case). But I cannot find anybody selling an American anymore. Does that make the price of it worth a little more than it normally would be?

6. XKnight

XKnight Member

The only American made Thinline's currently sold new are from the Fender Custom Shop. I would say you should recoup at least what you originally paid if she's in good shape and has a desirable color. How about a pic?

7. thefacelessnate

thefacelessnate Member

8. XKnight

XKnight Member

Very nice. The natural finish is very desirable. However, having two humbuckers will probably keep away most of the Tele traditionalists.

I'm sure if you put it up for sale in the Emporium you'll get some interest. TDPRI is a Tele specific forum and you may want to try selling it there as well. Or there is always Ebay.

9. thefacelessnate

thefacelessnate Member

Thanks X, appreciate the input!

10. singular

singular Member

nice guitar! i have a mexican version of this,and while im very happy with it i would love to try out an american version! does anybody know what the differences are? are PUs the same etc etc?
    if i could sell my 69 thinline ri id buy that off you.

11. mr.mattphisto

mr.mattphisto Member

Hmmm...

What is the serial number on the back?