Tele Thinline Reissue on CL...worth getting?

Wibcs39

Hey guys, I have been thinking about getting a Tele with Humbuckers, and this popped up on my local CL.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/msg/5085586352.html

It looks like a '72 Thinline Reissue, but I was curious about the color because all the ones I see online that are made now come in a 3 tone sunburst with a pearl pickguard. This one seems to be a white pickguard with a 2 tone burst. Could it just be a slightly older model or something? I may try and ask for a serial number to see if I can email it to Fender. I figured I would check if anyone on here had any info on this guitar, as well as what a fair used price might be.

Thanks!

Mr. Crow

I've seen that color on this model Tele before. As for the price, it's okay, nothing that would make me rush over to get it. I'd offer $350 for just the guitar and pass on the bag, stand, strap, and crappy practice amp. See what he says.

guitarlifestyle

I like guitars.
Gold Supporting Member
It's possible there's red in there and the photos are just dark. It looks legit to me. It's hard to tell in the photos whether it's a pearl guard or not. I had a 3-tone sunburst but I don't remember whether it had a pearl or white guard.

I would say a good used price for just the guitar would be $400-500. I've owned three of these models and sold all of them for around $500 (one sold for over $500). Assuming the guitar's in the condition advertised, I would just make an offer something like $400-450 for everything and donate or sell whatever you don't want and you'll still be getting a fair value. If the person's wanting to get out of the game completely, they probably don't want to sell things individually.

Pauly B

Silver Supporting Member
For what it's worth I had one of those and sold it in a month. I guess I'm just a tele purist. I got lucky with my mexi tele - it's a beast. Good luck

Wibcs39

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I don't believe those pickups are humbuckers.
They are the Fender Wide Range Humbuckers, as far as I know they are normal humbuckers but I don't know that much about them.

I think in the end I am gonna pass on this because I am a little concerned about the vintage frets and radius. If I wasn't so busy this week I would try and run to GC or something and play a guitar with those specs, but that isn't gonna happen this week.

Trending Topics