Tele Thinlines?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Gasp100, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

What do you guys think of the Thinline Tele's? I have a strange one (I guess) which is not like the 70's versions with the humbuckers. It has a standard Tele bridge/pup, middle strat pup and bucker in the neck. I will most likely switch out the humbucker in the neck <too hot/loud for my tastes> and I need something that fits better (literally, this one dropped inside the guitar during shipping). It's a strange bird - anyone know what year this would have been copied off of or is this a custom type deal (it's a CIJ Fender)? Also, recommendations for a neck pickup (I figure the flat silver kind like on other thinlines I have seen but I'm not exactly sure). The neck kills btw, that's why I'd like to know what year/model it may have been copied after.

2. Gasp100

Sorry, here's pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Nice guitar!

I've never seen a pick guard uite like that but it's nice.

You might be happier with something a little more vintage in the neck. Maybe a Seth Lover or something from Bryan at BG Pickups.

4. mojazzmo

mojazzmo Member

Looks great!! What style do you play? I am a jazz blues guy and am having a chambered tele with 2 HB'ers built for me right now and I have decided on a Lollar Low Wind Imperial for the neck and a regular Imperial for the bridge. The lower output neck pick-up is suited to my style of clean rhythm playing. Just my 2 cents from another tele lover.

5. Gasp100

Yes, it's definitely a looker no doubt. The neck is cool, soft C / U with a little meat to it as well. It's so light (obviously) It's going to take some time to get used to it, but it's quite versatile. I picked this up from Telecopter, great seller. I will look into the neck pup suggestions. I don't really use that position that much, but I do want it to fit the overall vibe. I had a Seth Lover in my G&L Bluesboy which was really nice.