Tele vs. Strat Neck

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Blurillaz, Dec 25, 2009.

S vs T

1. Strat

2. Tele

3. Other (please specify in your post)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Blurillaz

Blurillaz Member

Post which you prefer and why. I myself, prefer strat neck for being thinner, though a tele neck is better for rocking out! :rockin

Sice I'm already starting a thread about strat and tele necks why not ask this question and save from having two threads at once... Would you be able to put a strat neck on a tele body and vice versa without modifying either of the bodies?

2. Don A

Don A Silver Supporting Member

There are so many variations of Tele and Strat necks they can't be generalized as fat or skinny by Tele or Strat!

3. Blurillaz

Blurillaz Member

Ok, we'll go by "original" specs then.

4. XmasTree

XmasTree Member

Uhhhh......TELE!!! DUH!!! ----- ("..but I like John Mayer...") So do I ....so what TELE

5. vintage66

vintage66 Member

I asked the same question about fitting a tele neck on a strat and it seems the tele neck is a bit wider at the heel so it won't pop right in. Are the American series necks the same thickness for strats and tele's? I agree that there are so many models you can't generalize, but in the instance are they the same? Both my strats are fairly small but the Nash tele I just got is pretty fat. I actually thought it was the fat neck but it turns out it's the medium c, which is not to be confused with Fender's medium c, which is much thinner. I wouldn't have believed it was the mid-sized until the salesman handed me a Broadcaster with the U neck-holy crap that was a big neck. I like a thicker neck on a tele though for some reason (not the boat neck though).

6. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

7. Troubleman

Troubleman Silver Supporting Member

I prefer the gi-normous necks on 50's Teles, but I've been a Strat-whore for a couple decades (gretsch-slut rising at present). I took a similar route as Hendrix at the Newport Pop Festival - big honkin' Tele neck on a Strat...at least until that instrument was placed on indefinite load by persons unknown...

[​IMG]

Yeah, that is a Tele neck.
    When I was a kid I had a life-size poster from this concert on my bedroom (and eventually college dorm room) that showed it clearly

peace,

jb

8. Kaji13

Kaji13 Member

Tele for sure.

9. hudpucker

hudpucker Supporting Member

Exactly.