• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Telebird Partscaster Body

vadsy

I've got a few things running through my head in terms of new guitars for the new year. The Baker Phoenix came to mind but not exactly to those specs or the price. I'm wondering if anyone makes a Tele body with routes for mini humbuckers but with the raised centre strip in the body like the Firebird?
Anyone witnessed such thing?

Reactions: Roe

jsg

Mjt has something simillar on eBay right now with the raised centre. I'm sure if you contacted then they could have one done up to take mini hums.

vadsy

Getting closer for sure. I'll have to email them and ask. They did a build for me years ago and I love it.
I gotta wonder where they purchase that body, Musikraft, Warmoth?

Hulakatt

Has done terrible things for a klondike bar
Gold Supporting Member
I bought an unfinished pine Telebird/Firecaster from Rosser Guitars through eBay. Got to choose pickup and bridge configuration. I just got the body in the other day and it's quite nice, it does feature that raised center section.

I ordered mine routed for 2 FilterTrons

vadsy

This isn't exactly what I had in mind. I want it the other way around, Tele body with the raised Firebird centre strip.

I heard back from MJT today and they said they could do it for me with the two mini humbucker routes. They get their stuff from Wildwood Manufacturing in northern California and I guess I need to figure out some spec options and pricing. I've used Musikraft and MJT but not Wildwood.

Reactions: Roe

Matt L

This isn't exactly what I had in mind. I want it the other way around, Tele body with the raised Firebird centre strip.

I heard back from MJT today and they said they could do it for me with the two mini humbucker routes. They get their stuff from Wildwood Manufacturing in northern California and I guess I need to figure out some spec options and pricing. I've used Musikraft and MJT but not Wildwood.

Rosser has done these-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROSSER-GUIT...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

vadsy

Get in touch with him...I think he's pretty open to building to your specs.
I'm on it, just putting the email together right now. I'd love to get something in mahogany, his previous auctions hint at that but his current website does not. I'd like it finished in a Firebird like burst and maybe I'll get it shipped to MJT for that..., or maybe he can do it. The thing is the pricing looks decent so I would take the chance on something new without much worry.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom