Telecaster Clips?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by AfterDarkMusic, Jan 16, 2008.

1. AfterDarkMusic

AfterDarkMusic Member

Hey guys, I picked up my new telecaster last week. 60's classic series tele in candy apple red. I love it. I put it away during the end of year liquidation sale and paid $400 out the door.

I'm trying to adjust my pickup heights, the bridge pickup is giving a some issues (or at least I think it is... I was loving it this morning so who knows). It's a little underwound, 6.15k output. I'm having difficulty finding a balance between harsh highs with decent output level and low output level with decent (but weak) tone (or at least I think I am right now...). I dig the neck though.

*edit*
    The bridge sounds fine, I was being extremely fussy when I was posting :messedup

Anyways, I'd love to hear some clean clips of your teles. I guess I'd most like to hear your bridge and middle pickup settings, but all clips are welcome.

2. AfterDarkMusic

AfterDarkMusic Member

Which pickup(s) are you using in each of those?

Sounds like in 'SlowTune' the rhythm track is in the middle, and the lead is on the neck for the most part?

3. MrMunky

MrMunky Silver Supporting Member

SlowTune is actually an Esquire-type. It's just one bridge pickup. It's a Seymour Duncan Antiquity. DL20 is a real tele type with a Lollar '52 neck and bridge pu. 8 is a G&L Asat with MFD pickups (the tele sized ones, not the big ones).

4. AfterDarkMusic

AfterDarkMusic Member

5. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Member

Clips? How about videos :)

I have clips here and videos here and here...

6. AfterDarkMusic

AfterDarkMusic Member

Spectacular.

I should have checked your site first off... :jo

7. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Member

8. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

peep the sig... those tones are coming from a STOCK STANDARD MIM tele. all on the bridge pickup... gain changes come from the volume pot (which is by the way a great way to tame tele brightness through a clean amp).

9. AfterDarkMusic

AfterDarkMusic Member

Sounds good re-animator. Does any of your other SoundClick stuff feature the tele?

I plugged back in last night and it sounded fine. I played till about 2am. I may have just been extra fussy when I posted.

More clips?

10. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

everything that's done on a guitar in my soundclick is done on a telecaster. If you listen to Amabo Te, it goes through a lot of the different telecaster lead tones you can get. The rhythm guitar (the one with higher gain) is done with a telecaster into a tonebender, and the lead guitar (the smoother gain one) is just a voodoo lab sparkle drive with some delay. You can hear the glassiness on the neck position and the brighter, more aggressive tone with the bridge. I don't use the middle position on the song though. Traveling riverside stomp is probably the most traditional sounding telecaster tone i've done.... all bridge pickup into a fuzzface with the volume at about 70%.

11. codeorama

codeorama Member

+1
    A tele should come with a compressor IMO... :D