• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Telecaster Faulted for Too Much Twang.

Birddog

:rolleyes:

I've been looking at picking up a 1952 Telecaster reissue. I love the sound. I'm more of an LP and or Strat kind of guy, but this guitar intruiges me. I've played a couple and love them, and will probably buy one within the month. So, dutifully doing my homework, I came across this review. Absolutely ridiculous. It's basically a review of Telecasters by a guy who hates the Telecaster sound. He does, admittedly, admire the guitar and would even buy one, except for that annoying twang....lol.

Enjoy.

http://www.epinions.com/content_18282876548

My big problem with Fender guitars is the sound--I've never liked that trebly, twangy sound that seems to be the trademark of these guitars.

Deacon

Tele's are IMHO one of the most straight forward AND versatile guitars out there. You don't necessarily have to have lots of twang ... even with a '52 RI.

Lots of rockers and blues guys use Teles and get a sh7tload of tones from them.

My Muddy Waters Tele is flat out awesome for rock, blues, and even some jazzy stuff.

Just my $0.02.

:rolleyes:

I've been looking at picking up a 1952 Telecaster reissue. I love the sound. I'm more of an LP and or Strat kind of guy, but this guitar intruiges me. I've played a couple and love them, and will probably buy one within the month. So, dutifully doing my homework, I came across this review. Absolutely ridiculous. It's basically a review of Telecasters by a guy who hates the Telecaster sound. He does, admittedly, admire the guitar and would even buy one, except for that annoying twang....lol.

Enjoy.

http://www.epinions.com/content_18282876548

Drew68

Silver Supporting Member
I've read some pretty clueless reviews as well --mostly on Musicians Friend. People faulting Les Pauls because they don't have tremolo bars, people bashing Stratocasters because the pickups hum, people complaining about the 15 watt practice amp they just bought not being loud enough to hear over the drummer. I read a review on a Les Paul Junior where the guy complained that it only had one pickup. Another review on a LP Studio where the owner gave it fewer stars because it didn't have binding.

It is like buying a red guitar and then complaining that it isn't blue.

rooster

Allen Lanier has played his '52 RI Tele at the last few BOC shows I saw him at, and he sounded like a good, heavy rock guitarist. Good sound, good playing.

Rock on, Allen, wherever you are.

rooster.

Lawn Jockey

Telecaster Faulted for Too Much Twang.....

is akin to.........

Joely Fisher being too HOT. Blasphemy!!:BITCH

Trending Topics

Top Bottom