Telecaster Love!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by nsriley, Jan 12, 2006.

1. nsriley

nsriley Member

Well over the past few years I've owned about 3 Telecasters and for some reason have sold them, but got the Tele bug again and bought myself a Muddy Waters Tele about a month or so ago. I've been playing the heck out of it, and wow.....I have finally realized what a versatile and great instrument they are! I think a lot of it is the features of the MW tele suit me very well. But the last few weeks I've just been enjoying the heck out of playing it! Playing everything from Aerosmith, Zeppelin, Cream, Foo Fighters, you name it I was using the Tele to play it! LOL! That bridge pickup has such a great mid range honk to it! I can't put the guitar down. It is a bit more work to play, than some other guitars I own, but I like the 'fight' it gives me! It makes me work hard on my playing, but the tonal rewards are amazing! I am so glad I decided to get a Tele again! Just had to share my joy!

Here's my main rig! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Peace
    -Nate

2. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Those are sweet........what kind of amp is that?

3. nsriley

nsriley Member

It's an AmpTramp BF/Plexi 'Woody'. One of a kind build by a friend of mine. He makes amps for fun now and then, LOL! Two channel(Blackface/Plexi), Handwired and one 12" Weber V30. Runs at 10 watts with one EL34 and 3 12ax7's, if you see a fourth preamp slot, it's for possible future mods(or spare storage lol). I love the thing. He and I called it 'Woody' because of the nice wood pieces, but also because cranked up on either channel it sounds very 'Woody'.

Rear pic
    [​IMG]

-Peace
    -Nate

4. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Thats a very nice amp..........do you live close to any of the ampfests? I bet you alot of people would love to hear it. :JAM

5. nsriley

nsriley Member

Thanks. Well I see there is one in NJ, at the end of the month, which would be about a 5 hour drive or so, but I am busy that whole weekend.

-Nate

6. AshlandBump

AshlandBump Member

The country I come from is called the Midwest.
    Glad to hear you like the MW -- I just bought one used off the classifieds - can't wait to get it.

7. mrfjones

mrfjones Member

I love the necks on those, nice and thick

8. SouthernShred

SouthernShred Member

Mucho tele love here. I have a similar story as you (even owned a MW tele at one point, but it was too heavy for my taste) but now I'm having a good friend build me one of his custom T styles...here are some progress pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. winonatele

winonatele Member

I bought a used Muddy as a backup Tele. It's so nice that it's now my main guitar. I would like to get another one and put a P-90 in it.

10. nsriley

nsriley Member

Yup I am loving the MW tele. It's become my favorite player.

-Peace
    -Nate

11. jimmyj

jimmyj Member

My MW is in the steady rotation.