Telecaster pickguard

Which pickguard with this finish and neck color?

• Black

Votes: 32 34.8%
  • White

Votes: 49 53.3%
  • Other...

Votes: 11 12.0%

• Total voters

Select12

My American tele came with a 3ply white pickguard. Over the years it is now yellow or cream color. But I vote white pickguard on black guitar. Maple neck ofc.

jvin248

+1 Black.

Although ... some Tort pickguards can look great, but shade matching is important as the particular tort may have dark areas that are blue-black where the guitar has more red-black or yellow-black 'undertones'....

27sauce

I had a RW like that and would go back and forth on the guard.

It was probably white most of the time because I have a 52ri with a black guard. And I’m a big Jesse Ed Davis fan.

I think I prefer the look of black now.

TP Parter

The ONLY regular Fender finishes I like black guards on are butterscotch and natural. No tort or mother of toilet seat except on certain ones where they just work (very rare for me).

That being said I voted white, but really 3 ply white, cream, parchment, or mint are all awesome with that finish. I don't like single ply guards either, think they look cheap and feel flimsy.

Tommy Biggs

Silver Supporting Member
I had a RW like that and would go back and forth on the guard.

It was probably white most of the time because I have a 52ri with a black guard. And I’m a big Jesse Ed Davis fan.

I think I prefer the look of black now.
+1 for Jesse Ed, a real icon.
That 2 tone burst is soo much cooler than my clown burst. I’m not complaining, love my old Tele.

Trending Topics