Telecaster replacement neck (tele deluxe nashville neck?)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by fenderiarhs, Jan 22, 2015.

1. fenderiarhs

fenderiarhs Member

I'm currently looking for a replacement neck for my tele. I' ve assembled a fender partscaster out of fender parts (CIJ custom 62 body + baja electronics +baja neck) but i've found i really dislike the baja neck, mainly because of the rather fat dimensions. It may not be the current trend but i hate fat necks, and i much prefer slim ones. I'm on the market for a fender rosewood tele neck which should be the slimmiest possible (consider i also hate 7.25 radius and vintage frets), and i came across a 2005 fender deluxe nashville rosewood tele neck. Anyone got any experience with them, and has any idea regarding their profile?

2. 64 Tele

64 Tele Member

I've got a Deluxe Nashville (mine has maple fingerboard) that I've had for 2+ yrs. It's a modern C, 9.5" radius with medium jumbo frets.

It's a very comfortable neck in my experience. I previously had/played vintage radius/fret necks (1964 Tele....not a RI).

My 2 cents.....

3. fenderiarhs

fenderiarhs Member

Thanks for the response, but any info regarding the dimensions of the neck in question? Modern C on the fat or on the skinny side?

4. TheClev

TheClev As seen on TV

You can always custom order one from Warmoth. I picked one up for my Strat last week and couldn't be happier. They have the Ibanez Wizard profile, which is a very comfortable thin neck.

5. 64 Tele

64 Tele Member

SPECIFICATIONS
    Deluxe Series Nashville Telecaster Electric Guitar

• Body
    • Body Material: Alder
    • Body Finish: Polyester
    • Body Shape: Telecaster
    • Neck
    • Neck Material: Maple
    • Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
    • Neck Shape: Modern "C"
    • Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm)
    States : "Modern C", does not elaborate fat or skinny. I'd say mine is fatter than previous vintage Tele's I've owned/played. Hope this helps. Find a Deluxe Nashville in a GC or other retailer and try one.

6. 335guy

335guy Member

The '06 Am. Deluxe Tele I had was a very comfortable neck. The Fender modern C shape isn't fat by any means, IMO. It isn't the skinniest neck I've played but quite comfortable.

7. moosewayne

moosewayne Member

Agreed.
    The Am Dlx is very comfortable.
    I'm a complete slut for a chubby V, but I like keeping my Am Dlx stock and it's a nice change from most of my guitars (Warmoth, Musikraft and USACG have a LOT of my $$).
    The Baja isn't for everyone. I think you'll be quite happy with a Dlx.