telecaster

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by seanseanhd, May 5, 2016.

1. seanseanhd

seanseanhd Member

Been gassing for a Tele talk me out of it somebody. Looking at american special or a 50's Road Worn give me opinions on the two and again talk me out of it.

2. SPROING!

SPROING! Member

I get that way then I build another tele and remember why I never keep any of them.

Does that help?

shane8 likes this.
  3. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Member

If you want a fixed bridge, get a Gibson or a Epiphone.

If you want a Fender, get one with a vibrato arm, and never take that vibrato arm off or block the floating bridge.

4. seanseanhd

seanseanhd Member

Ha thats funny i block every tremolo guitar i have. except the Paul Reed Smith"s there stuff never move like all the other floaters. i have never owned a Tele and have 3 fender starts 4 Gibson Les Pauls 2 Paul reed's several Ibanez's a couple of Charvels and Jacksons really just Gassing for a new Guitar and don't have a Tele

5. garret

garret Member

I'm a LP fan. Had a couple strats but just prefer humbuckers. Could never bond with the single coils but love the way they sound.

I'm mostly a basement player but do play with a friend every couple weeks. He had picked up a channel bound telecaster. I played that telecaster all night long. It was the best mix of sound we've ever had. He was playing his LP.

Play a wide variety of songs.

Gassing for a telecaster for playing with other people. But the LP would still be the go to when solo playing

6. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

There is never a reason to not have a Tele. Sorry for no help.

7. custom53

custom53 Member

My '52 RI Telecaster.. But I installed a Lil '59 mini Humbucker in the Bridge.. Probably the only Fender that I like..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one I had but sold.. Regretted it.. I loved this Telecaster.. '96 50th Anniversary MIJ Tele.. Gold Hardware with Pearloid Pick Guard with Matching Pearloid Double Binding.. If you ever run across one of these you have to try it out..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or you could try a EBMM Axis.. I firmly believe that Eddy had the Telecaster in mind when he designed his first signature Guitar for Ernie Ball.. The EBMM EVH.. Those are harder to find and pricey but the EBMM Axis is the next best thing..

[​IMG]

The EBMM EVH on the Left and the EBMM Axis on the right..

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  8. Cool Hand

Cool Hand Member

Also looking at the American Special Tele. Tried it twice so far, may have to sell my Gibson LP Studio, never really warmed up to it.

9. Badfrog

Badfrog Member

I got a Classic Player Baja 60's Tele and really like it. Put it on the bridge with some gain and it's a rock machine. I wish I liked my American Standard strat better but truth is the tele sounds better. The American Special is a great model IMO. The Classic Player is also nice with that modern nut width.

10. grapeshot

grapeshot Supporting Member

Teles rock. I have an AmStd that I picked up about a year ago. It's a great guitar.

11. Dashface

Dashface Member

Teles are fantastic. I'm not gonna talk you out of one.

12. monty

monty Member

13. Bossanova

Bossanova Silver Supporting Member

motorcitychick likes this.
  14. enharmonic

enharmonic Old Growth Gold Supporting Member

Can't do it. Talking you out of a Tele is against my own personal beliefs.

Every guitarist should have at least one Tele. :dude

15. Caribou

Caribou Silver Supporting Member

I like the road worn a lot more than the special. They're great guitars. I've played several specials recently and don't care for the frets.

16. BigSB

BigSB Member

The solo in "Another Rainy Night (Without You)" by Queensryche was played on a Telecaster, I've heard. At the least, Michael Wilton is playing one in the video. If that doesn't show you that the Tele is one of the most simple-yet-versatile guitars ever in the history of things, nothing will. Jimmy Bryant and Michael Wilton both killed it with essentially the same guitar.

17. Tony Bones

Tony Bones Member

The only things I don't like about Teles are exactly the same things that Tele lovers seem to love. First, I can find absolutely no good use for that neck pickup. The bridge pickup I can do a couple things with, but mostly I just want to get rid of it. And the three saddle bridge sounds great, but I've never owned one that didn't buzz.

Otherwise, I think Teles are awesome! Seriously, I just picked up a Baja that I'm routing for Filtertrons. I haven't quite made up my mind about a bridge yet. I might go full-sacrilege and install a Gibson wrap tail.

18. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

Ah, the tele. Leo got it right the first time...

19. old goat

old goat Member

What kind of music do you play? Do you like clean or od sounds or both? Do you want one for the looks or for how it sounds? What other guitars do you have? Without knowing more all anybody can do is tell you why they like or dislike them, which may or may not have anything to do with you.
    Me--I like my tele because I like twang and early rock and roll--for the bridge pu and bridge/middle--and because the SC's don't break up my old Fender amps too soon.

Now if you just like the way they look or the idea of a telecaster-there's this
    [​IMG]

Much cheaper than an actual guitar