Telefunkin 12ax7's - cheap!

tonedaddy

Wasn't that price for a Telefunken predicted by Nostradamus, to happen right before the end of the world?

I swear I read that somewhere....
:D

davebc

"I'll take 2!"
"Sorry,only 1 per family."
You guys probably don't remember Firesign Theatre.

The way people were raving about them,I couldn't wait to try them;but I thought they sounded a little sterile,could have been a semi lame tube though.
NOW the Tele EF86! That was an entirely different experience for me.When I heard that in my DC-30,I completely wet myself!

riffmeister

$700 each?

Uh, I don't think so.......and they're not even the long plate version which is alledgedly "the best" for guitar amp applications.

Fuchsaudio

I actually shipped Steve Sniders original (one of the first ten) ODS amps with that tube in the V1 slot because it sounded so awesome ! Gold pins and all. Just had one in my old stock drawer.

It's a great tube that somebody (Hey Aspen and Mike Matthews are you listening?!?!?) should buy and clone the $hit out of and do it right. When you're done, clone an Amperex Bugle Boy.

$ 699.00 is stupid. $ 100.00 a tube, I'd pay.

doctord02

JJ is doing the long plate ECC803. Got a pair from Triode about two weeks ago. Nice tube.

I'll leave the Telefunkens in my Fisher stereo.

Reeek

The Telefunken ECC803 is the real Telefunken Holy Grail however, they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over priced. I have "ONE" and I have a couple handfuls of NIB original vintage Tesla ECC803's and there is almost no audible difference. The difference is that I paid about $25 each for the Teslas. Even saying that, I still am saving the Tele for the special application . . . that never comes :rolleyes: :D

Ed Reed

Originally posted by davebc
"I'll take 2!"
"Sorry,only 1 per family."
You guys probably don't remember Firesign Theatre.

!

One of my favs was Porgy Tirebiter.

Mr.Hanky

It is a great tube, I heard one in my Germino V1 last night and I am going to try and get one but not for that kinda coin.

Amp Nut

I thought you guys would rush out and buy up the remaining stock.

I know you guys have lots of money!!! Just look at all the gear you have!

davebc

Why shouldn't turn into a Firesign Theatre thread? It has the same sense of reality as a $700. tube!

Trending Topics