Teles with Broadcaster pickups

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Peppy, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Peppy

Peppy Member

Anyone played Fender's newer Broadcaster pickup? Mostly in some Custom Shop Teles but I'm hoping at least someone can report on how they sound. Thanks.

2. Rotten

Rotten Silver Supporting Member

No. I play an ASAT Classic with a Seymour Duncan Broadcaster PU and it sounds great.

3. kebotrans

kebotrans Gold Supporting Member

Put one in you will not be sorry!!

4. Peppy

Peppy Member

Yes sir LIGHTNIN1, that helps somewhat, thank you. Can it do country stuff though in a pinch? Also, what amp(s) did you run it through?

5. Groovey Records

Groovey Records Member

Jackson Heights Birthplace of Johnny Thunders
    Peppy get in touch with Don Mare he has excellent early Tele winds. The one I have is based on Roy Buchanan'53 Tele. Don also does an Esquire wind, a Bakersfield Twang Set, and many other flavor. If you talk to him he can dial it in for you as you like , he really hits the nail on the head and works with you so talk to him and check out his website for his phone # http://www.buckcannon.com/

6. Polynitro

Polynitro Member

Please link where these Broadcasters are. I keep hearing about them but can't find anything on the internet...Fender.com doesn't list them or the CS either or Wildwood, Dave's, Ebay, TDPRI, nobody. The only thing I found was a Broadcaster pickup selling on the Stratosphere that had phillip head screws and plastic wire, not very Broadcaster looking and it was like $17? But the listing said 'New Genuine Fender Broadcaster Pickup' ??? I know the Stratosphere is legit so they must have come from a Broadcaster but I thought Fender didn't use the Broadcaster label...G&L sold a Broadcaster so how can Fender too?

Weird.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  7. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

Indeed. I have an 0038 on order to try in my G&L ASAT Classic, looking for something tonally intriguing to balance with the volume and character of that wonderful stock neck p/u. If you're looking for hotter tele type p/us, that is one to consider, along with his tweed monster set. In truth, the 0038 has a very hard act to follow here, with Don's 2324 pickups in one of my teles (same as Groovey's). Vintage, on the lower output side, these might just be the best sounding tele pickups ever IMO.