• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

tell me about JUNIOR BROWN's "guit-steel"

SW33THAND5

i saw him at the HOB last night and he KILLED. his tone was stellar country twang. he had a silverface twin with a little reverb and no pedals.

the top part of the "guit-steel" is pieced out from an old telecaster. but it has a strat hardtail type bridge and the p'ups do not look like tele pickups. anybody know what kind of hardware and specs are on this thing???

they kinda look like black lace-sensors or emgs in appearance.

ALSO, ANYBODY KNOW HOW HIS 8 STRING STEEL GUITAR IS TUNED? WHAT IS THIS TUNING? ITS SOUNDS SO NASHVILLE?

matte

junior's guit steel was built by national treasure and gp member michael stevens. michael is an extraordinary luthier and i am happy/proud to call him a good friend for 17 years.

SW33THAND5

anybody know how to tune those things? is it some kind of open chord?

anyone, i am looking for a "nashville" sound

openbar

Gold Supporting Member
anybody know how to tune those things? is it some kind of open chord?

anyone, i am looking for a "nashville" sound
Well, usually when you say "Nashville Tuning" for a pedal steel, you're talking E9chromatic. I can't recall exactly what Jr. uses on that thing, maybe an A6, and obviously it's not a pedal steel.

Whiskeyrebel

Silver Supporting Member
I think the bridge on the 'guit' half is a vibrato with no handle installed. Both times I saw him at the Ark in AA, he reefed on the bridge to slack the strings.

Whiskeyrebel

Silver Supporting Member
Oh, and did you recover yet or are you still saying "What hit me?" Junior's shows will do that to you.

SW33THAND5

Oh, and did you recover yet or are you still saying "What hit me?" Junior's shows will do that to you.

i went straight home, pulgged in the strat, flicked the bridge p'up on, plugged in the deluxe reverb (with just a little reverb) and started to try and figure out some of his riffs and chicken pickin before i forgot!:D

Trending Topics