Tell me about the Black Forest overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kingofrats, Feb 8, 2012.

1. kingofrats

kingofrats Member

I'm really curious about this pedal and its ability to get fuzzy od tones.

Not many demos/info out there. Is it a clone of a Colorsound overdrive? what do all the knobs do? (not labeled)

2. ecaace

ecaace Member

fuzz lows highs
    6 stages of girth volume

Its based on a colorsound OD with tweaks. For fuzzy tones you have to have the fuzz up to 8-10 otherwise its more of a gritty boost same as the CS. I only use mine for fuzz tones fuzz 10 bass 10 treb 6 girth 6 vol to taste.

3. kingofrats

kingofrats Member

This is interesting, care to expand on the different stages? are they just different gain stages?

4. ecaace

ecaace Member

Its more of clipping in the girth stages. Postion 1 sounds clear then you get in to the clipping like a fuzz face transistor sort of. Postion 6 gets bottom heavy and dosent play to well with a wah in front of it. But I perfer my wah after the BF anyway.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  5. GlobalCooling

GlobalCooling Member

Honestly, it's not even an OD pedal. Black Arts themselves call it a fuzz, and that's what it is. I was pretty disappointed when I expected an overdrive.

It's just a clean boost with the fuzz knob anywhere from 0 to 9, then all the dirt comes from 9 to full on.

6. LowWatt

LowWatt Member

That's pretty much how a coloursound overdriver (what it's based on) works too.

7. pedrozepelim

pedrozepelim Member

Hope this helps a bit: