Tell Me About The Jetter Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dank, Jun 24, 2008.

1. dank

dank Consummate Beatles Fan Supporting Member

As always, I'm hanging out, and some thread sparks my GAS. This time it's the Jetter pedals. They seem very straight forward and sound great-don't all demo clips?

I currently have the following:
    RC
    Red Snapper
    King Of The Britains
    Working Man
    Box of Rocks
    Voodoo Blues
    Fulltone '69
    Howie
    200 Lbs.
    Timmy

The Holy Grail question: Which Jetter would replace which of the above pedals and why?

Thank you.

Dan

2. Dog Boy

Dog Boy Member

I cant give you a complete answer but I've owned the WMB and the Jetter Black and for me they are pretty much interchangeable...one isn't better than the other..again for me.

KOTB might have a run for its money with the Gold or Purple but neither can do the insane gain of the KOTB. The black with its gain cranked can do 80's metal tho.

Red will do the Howie easily.

No Jetter can do fuzz face tones...sorry.

No Jetter does the Red Snapper or Timmy tones.

You seem to have a pretty nice collection of tones there with what you have. Jetter's are great but I don't think they are going to blow anything you've got out of the water.

As always ymmv

3. dank

Thanks for the input, Dog.

4. traviswalk

traviswalk In the Great State Gold Supporting Member

Agree with Dog Boy, I wouldn't get rid of any you have (great collection by the way), but my Jetter Black is a killer Marshall producer through a clean 6L6-type amp. With a Les Paul it is Duane/Dickey/Slash/Jimmy/Lenny, all the above. I really love this pedal and you may also be interested in the purple, more plexi less ability to get JCM 800.

5. dank

I guess I'm set then!

6. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs Silver Supporting Member

Not if you keep hanging out here, bro! :p

This place can make you gas for stuff you don't even need! :BEER

7. dank

If I accounted for every buy and sell transaction I've made on this forum in the past few years, I'd be one step away from a coronary! Which brings me to an off point: one person will scream and shout for joy about some new esoteric effect pedal, amp or guitar and make the case that the Holy Grail has been discovered. Like the Hawker at a carnival, he'll proudly display the "snake oil" and tell us why we cannot possibly live without it. This, despite the fact that most of our musical influences (for me The Beatles) never used such gear.

My point: Why do I, and presumably others, fall prey to the latest and greatest? A number of members have flat out stated that I've already got the good stuff. A different label does a good pedal make.
    :puh