Tell Me About This Tele

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by abovethewave, Feb 22, 2008.

1. abovethewave

abovethewave Member

Hey Folks,

I am in the market for a solid body and am torn between either a Strat or a Tele. These pictures are of a Tele that I bought back in '96 for $600 bucks from Mr. Music in Brighton, MA. That was long before I took my playing seriously and really didn't know much about the guitar. I ended up selling it to a friend and I know its not getting any use, so I could probably buy it back.

I was considering a '52 Re-Issue, but figured I would explore this one. I do not see many Tele's in this configuration with the Laces, actually any really. As I am not terribly familiar with the history of the Telecaster, I am reaching out for your expertise. Can you guys give me some info on this thing? Opinions good, bad, indifferent. What kind of tone I could expect from it . . . music suited for, etc. The only thing I can draw is the year '91-'92.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 205

205 Senior Member

3. straightblues

straightblues Member

4. abovethewave

abovethewave Member

Thanks for the info !! . . . i will go back and listen to my Radiohead with a focused ear.

I am going to look into see if I can track the guitar down . . .

5. abovethewave

abovethewave Member

It looks like I can get this guitar back for $400. I am assuming that this is worth it.

Should I decide to swap pups in this guitar, I would probably just try out other Lace combos starting with Gold or the Chrome Domes. Would this be a straight forward swap without any electrical issues?