Tell me all about Skreddy fuzz pedals...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dom7#5#9, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Skreddy

Skreddy Supporting Member Vendor

True the P19 was a better version of what the Pink Flesh originally set out to do. But since it is made with different transistors, it seemed best to release it under a new name rather than to continue the expired line.

tonedover and Class5 like this.
  2. Ps28

Ps28 Member

Marc builds the best sounding vintage fuzz pedals. If you want crazy sounding, I'd look elsewhere. He nails the classic tones, in my opinion.

Trotter and jujube like this.
  3. stanshall

stanshall Member

in the back of a dream car twenty foot long
    too late! Helter Skelter, coming down fast!

4. jujube

jujube Member

The Screwdriver in certain settings has this soft halo around a nice tweedy crunch. Yet it can have clarity and smoothness. Not like many hard sounding pedals.

5. fred_

fred_ Silver Supporting Member

IMHO the Pink Purple 4-knob is more versatile and tone-full than the 3-knob. The bass and treble controls on the PPF 4k are very effective and a great update to that fuzz pedal.

And just for the record, i REALLY like Skreddy pedals as well...( I have a few :))

6. Don Rusk

Don Rusk BearFoot FX Owner Vendor

Yeah the Pink Purple is a hybrid sil/germ and in some rigs stays a little to warm/dark .... so the Plus version is the Razzberry + and its all silicon and gets brighter and more aggressive if you like, but you can still rolloff the highs if you want the original PPF tones. And you have an extra Vol/Fuzz setting with the + stomp

7. Trotter

Trotter Supporting Member

Marc confirmed its ok to run the LMMD at 18V (see post # 94 in this thread).

I tried it with mine and it was safe. I didn't dig the sound as much as 9V, but it was worth trying.

8. Class5

Class5 Member

Yes I saw that, yet mine was fried by 18V. I didn't make it up.

9. Trotter

Trotter Supporting Member

Strange. What brand of Power Supply?

10. Class5

Class5 Member

It was a Decibel 11. I don't have it anymore so I don't remember the model, but it could power two Strymons. Perhaps my LM had a faulty part that failed with the extra juice...I dunno. I do remember it smelling like it was burning.

11. jujube

jujube Member

So I got my 1971 a couple of days back and have been playing it ever since. It is a very good pedal and very rich sounding. Very balanced and controllable. Easy to dial. None of the overwhelming bass of many fuzzes.

The P19 which I have is also a fine pedal and can get a lot more agressive. The 1971 has lower gain and is more flexible and I set the sustain at noon. The same level of sustain can be achieved at 10 o’clock with the P19.

12. drunkenguitar

drunkenguitar Supporting Member

Old thread is old... sorry for the bump.

What transistors are in the pink flesh 2016 reissue? Also, how does it compare to the original mayo?

13. Grubgoat

Grubgoat Member

Why apologize for necro? The past happened so we can learn about it; it *should* be brought back up once in a while.
    This guy says:
    In THIS thread...

I disagree, they're *slightly* different (my units are), but so cork-sniffingly slightly different that it won't even matter. My memory is that they're the *exact* same except lows slightly more washed out and there was a "sponginess" or something that the OG units didn't have (both the mayo and the PF). Like, if you get a certain *squeal* out of a note in an OG Mayo/Pink Flesh, you'll get that same sound out of the newer one without question. They're super close.

But he's probably right about the parts.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    drunkenguitar likes this.
  14. Grubgoat

Grubgoat Member

How about this new thing, called the General Pig
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "The Skreddy Pedals™ General Pig is based on the circa 1976 "rams head" Big Muff Pi. It represents the latest breakthrough in my on-going efforts to produce a Gilmour-like sound in a small package at an affordable price."

OH ISHT, this is the replacement for the P19, which is now retired!

EDIT: Who's thumbprint is that underneath the words "General Pig"?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019 at 4:23 PM
    jm9239, hippieboy, tdump and 2 others like this.
  15. Jess 1971

Jess 1971 Supporting Member

Hmm, that might be worth a try.

What is raunchiest-sounding Muff in the current Skreddy Lineup? Does he make anything that's really crazy? Someone recently suggested I give the Top Fuel a try.

16. Grubgoat

Grubgoat Member

IMO *CRAZY* is ? Lady. Endless sustain, just obnoxious. Great fun. Good luck finding one.

Jess 1971 likes this.
  17. Skreddy

Skreddy Supporting Member Vendor

If you're looking for raunchy and crazy, the Big Muff will only get you about half way there. It's a very well-behaved circuit. The Top Fuel is pretty tame; it's all about the mids & based roughly on Gilmour's sound during the 90's when he used EMG pickups.

Jess 1971 likes this.
  18. tdump

tdump Member

Awesome! I really want to try the General Pig, the LZ-129, the Cognitive Dissonance mkiv, the Skrecho, the Lunar Module, the Hybrid Obverdrive, you make so much cool stuff!! @Skreddy Can we do a skreddy pedals tour box?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019 at 11:53 PM
    Whiskey N Beans and monkmiles like this.
  19. sstweed

sstweed Supporting Member

If we’re celebrating all things skreddy, I’m in! I have a 1971, a P19, Rust rod, DME, Major, hybrid overdrive, hybrid fuzz driver, screwdriver mini deluxe, lunar module mini deluxe, and a rover. I’ll be buying more especially with all these new pedals he’s bringing out. Awesome stuff and Marc’s a great guy.

monkmiles likes this.
  20. Grubgoat

Grubgoat Member

So if this retires the P19, how does it compare to the Rust Rod?