Tell me all about Skreddy fuzz pedals...

sstweed

Silver Supporting Member
Dang. I guess I have to start saving some money. I really want to try that Rubber Soul. Now the General Pig sounds good. It’s already been an expensive gear year, plus remodeling a kitchen, plus my first kid started college. Then last week I had the joy of a pulmonary embolism that landed my butt in the hospital for a couple fun filled days. I’m sure that will be an eye popping bill. I may have to unload some stuff in the emporium. Or get a second job!

dpgreek

Im very interested in a rover fuzz to scratch my zeppelin / tonebendery itch. I have pmed Marc about it, Lunar module and screwdriver. He gave me the 411 but wanted to hear from users is anyones using the Rover and how they dig? Does lunar or screwdriver get you close? I ask bc Ive gone down fuzz path and want something versatile that isnt too thin, or spitty. I had a tonebender clone and I got it to work w my rig bc my wah has a fuzz friendly buffer and I took buffers out of equation in my musicomlab switcher. But it was close to real deal and sucked out a lot of low end. I also hear nothing but good things about the other two. Definitely want a fuzz and not a distortion or muff (which I have one already)

sstweed

Silver Supporting Member
I love my rover. It always records great and loves humbuckers. I think the lunar and the screwdriver are about as versatile tone wise as any fuzz ever, but the rover is different enough that there is no overlap imo.

dpgreek

I love my rover. It always records great and loves humbuckers. I think the lunar and the screwdriver are about as versatile tone wise as any fuzz ever, but the rover is different enough that there is no overlap imo.
Sweet. I use humbuckers so thats a plus

InAbsentia

Supporting Member
Im very interested in a rover fuzz to scratch my zeppelin / tonebendery itch. I have pmed Marc about it, Lunar module and screwdriver. He gave me the 411 but wanted to hear from users is anyones using the Rover and how they dig? Does lunar or screwdriver get you close? I ask bc Ive gone down fuzz path and want something versatile that isnt too thin, or spitty. I had a tonebender clone and I got it to work w my rig bc my wah has a fuzz friendly buffer and I took buffers out of equation in my musicomlab switcher. But it was close to real deal and sucked out a lot of low end. I also hear nothing but good things about the other two. Definitely want a fuzz and not a distortion or muff (which I have one already)
Rover is great for zeppelin. They are all fantastic (all are on my board, lol.). If I had to pick just one, it’d be a damn hard decision. I love them all to death but use them for pretty different applications.

monkmiles

Supporting Member
The Rover is very cool! I miss mine. If I recall correctly, it's wah friendly as in it doesn't require a buffer. It has a great range of overdrive to fuzz that is easy to dial in. Perhaps it's not quite as authentic compared to a art for part Tonebender. But it is very close and has its share of improvements. It can be daisy chained with other pedals if you want. And it can cover a broader range of overdrive to fuzz. I found it to be more of a "fuzz" than the Screwdriver, which is very dynamic and more of a fuzzy overdrive. I've never played a Lunar Module though to be able to compare.

Just got my old, trusty Kusanagi back from a fellow member who gave and took it for a spin tonight. My favorite Tonebender Mk II Pro clone so far. Gritty with so much range from mad to controlled. Wish he’d keep a permanent all-Ge fuzz in the stable, but this and the blended options do quite nicely. The LMMD cleans up like most Ge fuzzes I’ve played.

sstweed

Silver Supporting Member
I’m completely in love with the LZ-129. It’s not in either picture above because I’ve only had it a month or so. Great pedal. Great idea. I love subtle things that do great things.

monkmiles

Supporting Member
Um, so I'm always going on about wanting a Super Skreddy, similar to the Captain Coconut but with Skreddies, obviously (Jam Pedals has got a Gilmour board similar to what I've been asking about for years...)

Hmmm. So then I saw this on Marc's site:

"Oct. 29th - Going to be opening up custom services soon. I have a few minor goodies I can add to existing circuits, and I am planning to begin offering custom builds of big boxes with multiple effects in them. Will be epic. Various switching options, of course, bypass loops (like incorporating the Dual Loop technology into the bypass line instead of just making it bypass via a straight wire), buffer options (I'm not a huge fan of buffers just for the sake of buffers, but for example, the "dry" signal path of the Skreddy Echo makes an excellent always-on neutral buffer, and the Dynamic Mids Enhancer is nice if you want some extra punch and clarity), etc."

I'm always saying Marc is THE guy for this, because he's been tweaking his circuits (and moving toward less knobs and just perfect voicings) all these years heading in that direction - he's even saying he'll use the Dual Loop circuit, which is literally the first Skreddy you could buy. !!!!
This is awesome. Can't wait to see what custom builds come about!

sickboy79

Um, so I'm always going on about wanting a Super Skreddy, similar to the Captain Coconut but with Skreddies, obviously (Jam Pedals has got a Gilmour board similar to what I've been asking about for years...)

Hmmm. So then I saw this on Marc's site:

"Oct. 29th - Going to be opening up custom services soon. I have a few minor goodies I can add to existing circuits, and I am planning to begin offering custom builds of big boxes with multiple effects in them. Will be epic. Various switching options, of course, bypass loops (like incorporating the Dual Loop technology into the bypass line instead of just making it bypass via a straight wire), buffer options (I'm not a huge fan of buffers just for the sake of buffers, but for example, the "dry" signal path of the Skreddy Echo makes an excellent always-on neutral buffer, and the Dynamic Mids Enhancer is nice if you want some extra punch and clarity), etc."

I'm always saying Marc is THE guy for this, because he's been tweaking his circuits (and moving toward less knobs and just perfect voicings) all these years heading in that direction - he's even saying he'll use the Dual Loop circuit, which is literally the first Skreddy you could buy. !!!!
Super cool!

Grubgoat

From Marc's Faceblonk:
"I am in the midst of prototyping a big multieffect unit. I am thinking of releasing two versions: one with four effects, maybe named the "Arena Cluster," and one with three, possibly "Club Pack." The first Arena will consist of a Swirl -> Hybrid Overdrive -> Twangophile -> Echo for that proper Robin Trower authority. Will be epic. More to come."

sstweed

Silver Supporting Member
From Marc's Faceblonk:
"I am in the midst of prototyping a big multieffect unit. I am thinking of releasing two versions: one with four effects, maybe named the "Arena Cluster," and one with three, possibly "Club Pack." The first Arena will consist of a Swirl -> Hybrid Overdrive -> Twangophile -> Echo for that proper Robin Trower authority. Will be epic. More to come."
Want

Trotter

Supporting Member
I have a handful of Skreddy’s. Did a muff shootout and threw in a SUF Astoria just cause

They’re all such amazing pedals, but the most polite, smooth Pink Floyd pedal of the bunch is the 1971. The most raw, badass pedal is the Ernie. The biggest, beefiest, bass forward pedal that sounds 10 miles wide is the Supa Tone. The most well balanced, middle of the road, sum of all factors, is the BC239.

Oh, and the Astoria is just plain awesome. Lots of upper-mid harmonics. It has a different vibe than the Skreddy’s, even though it’s still a Muff. It is a very special pedal.

All are keepers. All kick major ass!

KRosser

I’m such a huge fan - my favorite dirt pedal “family” - the Screwdriver Deluxe and Lunar Module Deluxe go everywhere with me...